Blackstone grill

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Blackstone grill

Post by Sam »

I have a Weber kettle charcoal grill and love it. Been eyeing a Kamado Joe, the cheaper version of the Big Green Egg, and my son-in-law swears by his. But a brother-in-law says I need the Blackstone. To make smashburgers, and breakfast with bacon, scrambled eggs, pancakes and hashbrowns. Even can make fired rice. But I don't know about standing outside at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday to cook breakfast. And in the winter, will I be fired up to stand outside to do fried rice?
Bobwhite

Re: Blackstone grill

Post by Bobwhite »

I have one for my RV, but rarely use it. You can ovoid lugging it around by getting a nonstick griddle to put in any grill. What I bought to replace it is a Treager portable pellet grill. It comes with a griddle as well. Now I have one tool for both jobs. I believe they call it the town and travel grill. You may want a larger version. It is thermostatically controlled and gives your food a smoke flavor. It has a built in internal temperature probe, which I find very helpful.
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Re: Blackstone grill

Post by Sam »

Nice. I’ve thought about a Traeger since it’s easier to start up a fire. But a Blackstone would allow for cheesesteaks for 4 people a lot easier. And since it is using propane much faster