Cover me, I'm going in

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
kronos9

Cover me, I'm going in

Post by kronos9 »

Cataract surgery in the next month or so. Being the hopeless procrastinator, it's been over two years since my optometrist told me to get it done. So now it's going to get done, finally. Can't really do this without properly memorable shave soap, right? Usual rotation won't work for this so I'll need something else to get me through this. This might work for me.
Attachments
Soap.jpg
Soap.jpg (34.72 KiB) Viewed 1217 times
Ed
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: Cover me, I'm going in

Post by drmoss_ca »

Are you hoping to make sense of Picasso-style faces after the surgery? Or just have better eyesight for the nude beaches?

Seriously, I hope it goes well. It is usually a stunning success and very straightforward.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

I had both of my cataracts removed this past spring. I'm glad to have it done.

I'm wary of any surgery, but the cataract removals weren't bad.

- Murray
kronos9

Post by kronos9 »

I'm scheduled for the left eye on December 7. Right eye in January. Many follow-up visits mit der Augenarzt. Doctor leaves absolutely nothing to chance. Good thing, it's my eyes. Laser option, bucks out of pocket but I don't care. Can't take it with me.
With only one eye corrected I might be walking around in circles for a while. Intriguing image.
In the meantime, I'll be adopting a healthy lifestyle in preparation for my first surgery since having my tonsils removed at age 4.
Ed
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

I had both of my eyes done this summer and had the laser surgery with the multifocal astigmatic lens. I know that I see better than 2020 with my distance Eye and on one test I was a 20-15 overall another test 20-20. However there is that little bit of mid range where I still might need reading glasses but I am overall very pleased. Hope it goes well for you
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

I just had both mine done this past summer. Wasn't cheap but I wasn't skimping on eyesight that is very important to me.
My cousin who is an optometrist advised me to go for the distance lens. Luckily the opthamologist is considered one of the best in the country and my vision is stunning now. I went with an Eyehance lens from Johnson and Johnson. My right eye is 20/15, they ran out of lines I could read :lol: My left eye is 20/20 right now but the laser left a plaque which it could not totally get so later this month I'm going in where they will zap a hole in the back of the capsule to let in more light. I only need reading glasses in very up close distances, mostly from my elbow in, otherwise I can read everything clearly.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."