Posting Photos on SMF updated

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
brothers

Posting Photos on SMF updated

Post by brothers »

Current information, as of January 15, 2022:

Question: When I use the upload attachment tab below the field where I type my post, the photo shows up as an attachment and is labeled as such. Do I upload to the gallery that has been referenced very often several years ago first then pull it into my post or is there a more direct way to post my photos?

Answer: Once upon a time SMF used a versatile photo gallery. Unfortunately, the gallery is a thing of the past. Now it has become necessary to either attach your single photo to a post using the attachment pane, or to host them somewhere on the web and link them into your post with the IMG tags.

Here on SMF, the composer's attachments pane is unreliable in that it will cope with one image perfectly well, but if you add more than one photo it forgets the first and so on. It lets you do it, and it might even preview it OK, but the final post will always be a disappointment. If you want to make a post with multiple images, they must reside elsewhere on the web and be linked. Then you just paste in the image address and place image tags around it. If you need somewhere to upload your images, there are free options. Your ISP probably offers you some web storage along with your connection, and it is easy to use ftp to place image files there, Or you can use a third party like Flickr or others.

Please note: If I've posted any erroneous, confusing, or outdated information, I hope Admin/Mods will keep it updated as necessary.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Re: Posting Photos on SMF updated

Post by fallingwickets »

thanks for the update
de gustibus non est disputandum
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

I think you have it right, Gary. I cannot change any of that, which would involve waking the dragon (the one called Vince).
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
brothers

Post by brothers »

I think I need to post a photo this morning, just to see how well this feature works. I've attached several photos to learn how well they remain for viewing.
2010-07-08 09 26 26 (2).jpg
2010-07-08 09 26 26 (2).jpg (431.02 KiB) Viewed 639 times
2014-05-26 15 19 29.png
2014-05-26 15 19 29.png (1.02 MiB) Viewed 580 times
Beautiful Wade & Butcher restoration.jpg
Beautiful Wade & Butcher restoration.jpg (67.9 KiB) Viewed 580 times
1940 Cadillac Fleetwood grille.png
1940 Cadillac Fleetwood grille.png (76.78 KiB) Viewed 580 times
1949 Packard Convertible.png
1949 Packard Convertible.png (90.47 KiB) Viewed 580 times
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

She must be an expert: her skin looks so smooth! Maybe had lessons from grandad?

C.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace