Shaving soap or cream of the day

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
brothers

Re: Shaving soap or cream of the day

Post by brothers »

fallingwickets wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:52 am plisson's soap ranks as my most unappreciated soap of all time....a 1000 thumbs up 'hidden' gem

clive
Joris - tonight's delight!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

My past 4 shaves are attributed to the AOS unscented shaving cream to which I have added a generous portion of Domenico Caraceni 1913 fragrance.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
mfsinsd

Post by mfsinsd »

Today I used Old Post Road Sandalwood soap. I did this with a Shark blade in a ball-end prewar Tech. Old Post Road soap is a great soap. Plenty of slide and does not clog the razor for a great shave. I got it online from them directly. A/S is Clubman, of course. I also attribute some of the great shave to the Tech. Not to be disrespectful of the newer versions of DE machines, the Tech's are great pieces of equipment. They along with a couple of super speeds are my go-to's.
Just Passin' Thru 8)
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

dandy and rake arlington
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

AOS Rose cream -
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

trumpers rose (best soap this side of honolulu) :D

clive
brothers

Post by brothers »

fallingwickets wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:09 am trumpers rose (best soap this side of honolulu) :D

clive
Would you venture to say it's the best soap in Hawaii? 😗!!!
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

definitely wouldnt venture :lol: :lol: :lol:
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

musgo real classic.

top notch and also very nice to use a rounded top soap....brush seems to pick up more soap than a flat top

clive
brothers

Post by brothers »

For today and until the end of the month - Fine Green Vetiver soap.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Not so much a reply, more of an update, right? Anyway, this month's brand of choice is D.R. Harris, specifically Arlington in the tube for 5 shaves, to be followed by No.29, Marlborough soap and tube, and Peppermint. It reminded me of the fact that it's one of several highly respected old name English stalwarts. Not standing alone, these few products from the several surviving old-line makers are universally worthy of praise when it comes time to lather up and shave.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

For the month of November I'm using the category I call "One and Done". It consists of my last stick of Tabac tallow soap, and a couple of pucks of Joris shaving soap from Plisson.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Right on schedule - Taylor's Sandalwood cream, very close to running out. Good stuff =D>
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Kudos to Asylum Flying Mango shave soap. This lather is a super-performer. Incidentally, it fits perfectly in my Mitchell's Wool Fat ceramic bowl. I regret not using this soap much earlier.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Truefitt &Hill 1805 shaving cream. Lathered by the SilkSmoke synthetic brush. Excellent!
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Yesterday's soap was a trip back to the old school shaving soap - i.e.: AOS tallow based sandalwood soap. Too bad the smell of this soap is powerfully repulsive to me, and whenever I decide to use it I am amazed at the excellent performance of the lather. I suppose that's why I haven't just thrown it away already. This putrid puck has provided 39 repulsive smelling shaves. I'm known to be a bit impulsive when it comes to such innocuous things. I'd rather give it away if anyone ever decides to take it off my hands. I'd happily pay full postage and send it to someone. If I can't give it away, I'll probably just throw it away next time I think about it. =D> Please take it off my hands! Cheers!
PS: If I haven't received any response by June 10th, it'll be at the bottom of the trash bin.
Gary

Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Tonight. Trumper lime shaving cream
brothers

Post by brothers »

On Wednesday I was away from home so I used Cremo brushless with menthol for the first time ever. Excellent brushless shaving cream. I'm glad I finally decided to buy it.😁
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Asylum Levante shaving soap.
Gary