SOTD November 30 - December 6

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
jgreenepa

Re: SOTD November 30 - December 6

Post by jgreenepa »

8C525716-9D57-4E08-91FA-B90D79C78864.jpeg
8C525716-9D57-4E08-91FA-B90D79C78864.jpeg (2.62 MiB) Viewed 2233 times
SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, DECEMBER 5, 2020

I woke up to a rainy, overcast Saturday morning. I had no recourse but to opt for a great morning shave. A number of my shave brothers at TSD this month have pulled out their Barbasol Floating Head safety razors, so-called because of the way the blade appears to float above the safety bar. This safety razor model dates from the early thirties, but I was able to obtain a NOS example at a Shave Collectibles Meeting over a year ago. It came with the case, an original blade tuck, and the box with original use instructions. I still remember how the dealer’s jaw dropped when I told him I was planning to shave with it.

This razor, for a display Queen, shaves highly efficiently, and certainly didn’t disappoint this morning. Two ATG passes easily put the baby to bed on my dome. The MWF, my regular shave soap, didn’t disappoint either, supplying the two types of lather I enjoy for my mug and noggin shaves. The wonderful wood handled Feather DX was a pleasure to shave with. I remember having some doubts a few months ago when I switched from the Feather SS, but I'm really glad I did. The shave angle on the DX is virtually identical to that of a regular straight razor which was not the case for the SS model. My Feather SS now resides in Canada. In any case, after the usual three (WTG, ATG, XTG) passes I’m velveteen smooth and smelling like a fresh lime.

RAZOR: Feather Wood Handled DX (Mug), Barbasol FH (Dome)
BLADE: Feather Super AC (Mug), Feather DE (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Knurled Aluminum Handle Hybrid Knot #007
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Old Spice Fresh Lime.
De Gustibus Non Disputandum
pausted

Post by pausted »

Harris Arlington soap
WCS Tuxedo synthetic brush
Maggard V3A razor
Gillette Platinum Plus blade
Aqua Velva Sport aftershave
Best regards,

Basil
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

W&B chopper, Haslinger Meersalgen soap, Simpson Major, Trumper's Skye:

SOTD061220.jpg
SOTD061220.jpg (158.23 KiB) Viewed 2221 times
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
jgreenepa

Post by jgreenepa »

01C4CC67-77EF-4F71-8240-8552FB1600B3.jpeg
01C4CC67-77EF-4F71-8240-8552FB1600B3.jpeg (3.36 MiB) Viewed 2219 times
SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, DECEMBER 6, 2020

Woke up to a very cool, sunny 28 degree morning here in the western Philadelphia suburbs. My Feather DX mug focus continues as do my decisions regarding my safety razor collection. My Tradere review led to the sale of that razor, currently wending its way to California. In that same spirit, I've halved my AC safety razor collection from 4 to 2. My SS Hawk V3 and my green aluminum Hawk V2 are on their way south along with a new magazine of Feather AC Supers.

Next on the block for review this morning was my SS Supply V2. Even before I began this morning’s shave, I pretty much knew it was staying. It's just a magnificent shaver. This morning I loaded a fresh Schick Twinjector blade, and had at my noggin. One ATG pass effectively sheared my stubble right down to the skin line. The shave with the Twinjector reminded me of my Shake Sharp dome shaves with stacked DE blades. All that I really needed to do was some selective buffing after that first pass, but I enjoy my shaves too much! So I lathered up for a wholly unnecessary second pass which ended another great shave leaving me refreshed, clean and velveteen smooth!

RAZOR: Feather Wood Handled DX (Mug), Supply SS V2 (Dome)
BLADE: Feather Super AC (Mug), Schick Twinjector (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Rooney Ebony Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub.
De Gustibus Non Disputandum