SOTD December 28 - January 3

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
pausted

Re: SOTD December 28 - January 3

Post by pausted »

MWF soap
Semogue Caravela mixed brush
Colonial General razor
Feather Pro blade
Royal Copenhagen aftershave
Best regards,

Basil
jgreenepa

Re: SOTD December 28 - January 3

Post by jgreenepa »

5EBCAB20-6D78-46A5-9B77-0324E2E8929B.jpeg
5EBCAB20-6D78-46A5-9B77-0324E2E8929B.jpeg (1.99 MiB) Viewed 2205 times
SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, JANUARY 3, 2021

This morning’s shave featured the A. Witte Copperhead 6/8 and the Ronson Safety Razor. This particular NOS straight razor arrived six months ago with a note in the accompanying coffin box, “Honed by Henrey 1939”. There still remained a very respectable 81 yr old bevel which I refined. Since then, it, like all of my straights, was retouched on my new 12k Naniwa Super Stone with a final polish on the jasper stone. I really enjoy shaving with this vintage Solingen razor. The Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute with its 26mm Boar ferrule generated the lovely, slick, thin mug lather that always makes for a great mug shave. Straight shaving teaches one patience, skin stretching and lightness of touch. Those same qualities carry over into safety razor shaves as well. This little Ronson is a head-heavy, deceptively efficient shaver with its Schick B-20 Proline Injector blade loaded, and one of my top 5 head shavers. Both razors delivered a refreshing, cool, clean, velveteen smooth shave.

RAZOR: A. Witte Copperhead Solingen 6/8 (Mug), Ronson Safety Razor
BLADE: Schick Proline B-20 Injector
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute w/ 26mm Boar Ferrule
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub.
De Gustibus Non Disputandum