SOTD: March 1 - March 7, 2021

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
brothers

SOTD: March 1 - March 7, 2021

Post by brothers »

Fine Snake Bite shaving soap
Zenith boar bresh
General razor
Kai Captain blade
Superior 70 mentholado splash
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Mike R

Re: SOTD: March 1 - March 7, 2021

Post by Mike R »

Monday

Brush: Omega 10049
Soap: Williams + Leftovers
Razor: '52 Super Speed
Blade: Astra SP
A/S: Edge Gel
Cologne / Fragrance: Azzaro Wanted

Mike
jgreenepa

Post by jgreenepa »

DBEE3DA4-8122-4271-BADF-C5E5D426C993.jpeg
DBEE3DA4-8122-4271-BADF-C5E5D426C993.jpeg (1.31 MiB) Viewed 3643 times
SOTD MONDAY MORNING, MARCH 1, 2021

Welcome to March 1, also known as Mitchell’s Monobilt Monday! Today’s two pass ATG dome shave featured the Cooper Monobilt safety razor, just an extraordinary, adjustable, little shaver, particularly when fitted with my preferred Feather DE blade. I loosened it to it’s most efficient shave, and it swept away my dome stubble like the Romans through the Sabines. The Wade and Butcher 7/8 on its part delivered a comparable mug shave in three slow, enjoyable passes to kick off the month with an extremely refreshing, porcelain smooth mug and noggin shave. In the interest of living dangerously, I topped it off with a healthy splash of Alt-Innsbruck!

RAZOR: Wade & Butcher 7/8 (Mug), Cooper Monobilt (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Monster Aluminum Tuxedo Synth
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Alt-Innsbruck.
De Gustibus Non Disputandum
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Shavemac 2-band silvertip
Palmolive shave soap stuck
Razorock GC-.84P DE razor
Personna Med Prep day #1
Grand Bay Rum w/w. hazel
Lanvin L'Homme EDT spray
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
Mike R

Post by Mike R »

Tuesday

Brush: Omega 10049
Soap: Williams
A/S: Dollar Store Splash - Green / "Original"
Cologne / Fragrance: Jaipur

Mike
jgreenepa

Post by jgreenepa »

9180926D-C316-4C0D-B343-E46A1571EADB.jpeg
9180926D-C316-4C0D-B343-E46A1571EADB.jpeg (670.69 KiB) Viewed 3620 times
SOTD TUESDAY MORNING, MARCH 2, 2021

Inspired by a number of TSD amigos who declared yesterday Micromatic Monday, I decided to pull mine out and have a go! The JT Sapele/Resin handled Omega Pro48 Boar, rapidly becoming one of my favorite brushes, whipped up a prodigious amount of MWF lather. Since I own both a MMOC and a MMCP, I decided on the MMCP for today’s dome shave, and loaded up a fresh Pella PTFE Gem blade. The ClogPruf model with its exaggerated lather channels was designed to remedy the complaints received about its Open Comb model predecessor. The two pass ATG noggin shave was exquisitely close, which is the norm for both models. The mug shave featured my svelte Simmons Hardware 4/8. I really enjoyed shaving with this little vintage beauty. Three passes later delivered a cool, clean, velveteen close result.

RAZOR: Simmons Hardware 4/8 (Mug), Micromatic ClogPruf (Dome)
BLADE: Pella PTFE Gem
BRUSH: Sapele/Resin Handled Omega Pro48 Boar Knot
pausted

Post by pausted »

Tabac soap
WCS Tuxedo synthetic brush
Colonial General razor
Schick P30 blade
Pinaud Gent's Gin aftershave

I decided to give the P30 blades another try. A couple years ago I was not pleased with them. I felt that they did not have the longevity of the other available blades. Now after using the General many, many times, my technique has become stable. Also, I'm using the V2 General now and it shaves differently than the V1 aluminum razor. We'll see how the P30 blades perform for me now.
Best regards,

Basil
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Cyril R. Salter shave soap
RR Gamechanger .84P DE
Personna Med Prep day #2
CO Bigelow Dr. Galen a/s
Versace Pour Homme EDT
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
jgreenepa

Post by jgreenepa »

F528AD3E-AFF9-4055-A22D-E489FFA616AF.jpeg
F528AD3E-AFF9-4055-A22D-E489FFA616AF.jpeg (986.23 KiB) Viewed 3593 times
SOTD WEDNESDAY MORNING, MARCH 3, 2021

This morning’s shave featured an all Japanese shaving tools focus, and represented a supportive shave for my good friend, Clint, on his first AS-D2 outing. In that spirit I grabbed my own AS-D2. The Seki Feather AS-D2 was one of the first stainless steel safety razors and represents an engineered design improvement over its predecessor, the AS-D1, an altogether too mild safety razor with an exaggerated negative blade exposure resulting in a very mild shave. The AS-D2 was one of, if not the first safety razor to be constructed of marine grade 316L stainless steel via a CNC process. There were other stainless steel CNC built razors at the time (cf original Tradere), but they represented the use of other stainless steel alloys for the most part.

This razor was designed for “riding the bar” and featured a very narrow sweet spot that promoted a much more acute shaving angle taking full advantage of the hyper sharp Feather DE blade it was engineered around. I have a relatively thick heavy whiskers and used my AS-D2 a year or so ago to reduce almost three weeks of whisker growth following a hospital stay. It took it down like a champ, leaving me dolphin smooth. It required no extensive buffing, only an experienced knowledge of its very narrow sweet spot. Those who dismiss it as a “mild” razor just never learned the proper angle to shave with it. This morning it effortlessly sheared away my dome stubble in my usual two ATG passes.

In keeping with my Japanese shaving tools theme I selected the Tanifuji Airi 11/16, the first Japanese straight razor in my humble collection. My son, Ben, a straight shaver of several decades experience, has a very large Japanese silver and Tamaghane steel straight razor collection (100+). He provided me with this first razor after honing it on his then newly complete jnat progression. It was my first whisker-melting, Japanese silver steel shave. I now own two others, and am on the hunt for others guided by my son’s expertise. This morning, after a quick refresh last night, this petite little gem blazed through my mug whiskers in three slow, delightful passes, leaving me clean and refreshed with that delightful velveteen, porcelain smooth skin feel result I seek in every shave I undertake.

RAZOR: Tanifuji Airi 11/16 (Mug), Feather AS-D2 Safety Razor (Dome)
BRUSH: Rooney Ebony Pure Badger
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme AS Balm.
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Pre de Provence hard soap
RR Gamechanger .84P DE
Personna Med Prep day 3
CO Bigelow Dr. Galen a/s
CdG Vettiveru EDC spray
Regards,
Tim

Mike R

Post by Mike R »

Wednesday

Brush: Omega 13522 Pure
Soap: Williams
A/S: English Leather
Cologne / Fragrance: Grey Flannel

Mike
Mike R

Post by Mike R »

Thursday

Brush: Omega 13522 Pure
Cream: FA Oceanic
Blade: Dorco ST300
A/S: Afta
Cologne / Fragrance: Azzaro Wanted

Mike
jgreenepa

Post by jgreenepa »

C77C4113-46C6-4E46-8E9A-E1EB797BDFA1.jpeg
C77C4113-46C6-4E46-8E9A-E1EB797BDFA1.jpeg (1.14 MiB) Viewed 3567 times
SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, MARCH 4, 2021

Today I decided on a shavette shave with an unusual design based on the use of Schick Injector blades, the Monsieur Charles. I had two, one of which my dachshund, Gromit, got hold of and used as a chew toy. Thankfully, there was no blade loaded. I loaded the spare with a Schick Proline B-20 with a bit of difficulty and proceeded to have a very pleasant mug shave. Like my DX, it was sharp enough to easily handle my swirling neck stubble. I rarely repeat a shave, but my AS-D2 shave yesterday was so good, I needed to see if it was a fluke! Well, it wasn’t! Today’s dome shave was every bit as good. I feel velveteen smooth, clean and refreshed!

RAZOR: Monsieur Charles Shavette ( Mug), Feather AS-D2 (Dome)
BLADES: Schick B-20 Proline (Mug), Feather DE (Dome)
BRUSH: MrEE Knurled Aluminum Hybrid Knot #007
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Krampert’s Frostbite AS Splash.
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Semogue LE 2020 silvertip
PdP Bergamot & Thyme ss
Fatip Piccolo Gentile razor
Personna Medical Prep #1
Bigelow Dr. Galen Herbal
Azzaro Visit for Men EDT

First use of the Fatip. It shaves quite smoothly and feels mild while being quite efficient. Great shave.
Regards,
Tim

Mike R

Post by Mike R »

Friday

Brush: Made Rite Pure Bristle #5
Cream: FA Oceanic
Blade: Dorco ST300
A/S: Barbasol Brisk
Cologne / Fragrance: Quorum

Mike
jgreenepa

Post by jgreenepa »

3E4A789E-8F79-454D-AE44-FB5E9BEAB2BB.jpeg
3E4A789E-8F79-454D-AE44-FB5E9BEAB2BB.jpeg (2.83 MiB) Viewed 3542 times
SOTD FRIDAY MORNING, MARCH 5, 2021

Today is the day before our return to Tennessee to finish closing up my father-in-law’s house and to receive our final Moderna jab. For today’s shave I selected my British Gillette Gold Rocket and my Puma 88 5/8. The Puma delivered a fine, three pass mug shave, and the Rocket loaded with my preferred Feather DE, a decently close two pass ATG dome shave. I feel clean, refreshed, and acceptably smooth.

RAZOR: Puma 88 5/8 (Mug), British Gillette Gold Rocket (Dome)
BRUSH: MrEE Monster Tuxedo Synth
CREAM: Castle Forbes Lime
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH.
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Semogue LE 2020 brush
Speick hard shave stuck
Fatip Piccolo Testina DE
US Personna Med Prep 1
Bigelow Dr. Galen Tonic
Razorock Signature Wax
Regards,
Tim

pausted

Post by pausted »

DR Harris Arlington soap
SilkSmoke synthetic brush
Colonial General razor
Schick P30 blade
Barbasol Pacific Rush aftershave
Best regards,

Basil