SOTD Sept 20 - Sept 26 2021

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
brothers

Re: SOTD Sept 20 - Sept 26 2021

Post by brothers »

J, that sounds like a very close description of my #14 Novodur of the same ancestry. Spain can be proud of these wonderful examples of Spanish workmanship.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

SOTD on medium format film again! Late, because it takes time to develop, dry, scan and post-process. Hasselblad 500cm, Planar 80/2.8, 12mm extension tube, Ilford XP2 Super @200, Diafine, Nikon 9000 scan.

TI Eagle 6/8 Saturday, homemade soap, Somerset PJ3 Super, Trumper Eau de Quinine:
Attachments
SOTD250921.jpeg
SOTD250921.jpeg (504.02 KiB) Viewed 2560 times
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Semogue SOC bristle
Palmolive shave soap
Gillette Red Tip DE
Perma-Sharp day #6
Dr. Galen Tonic a/s
Bentley Intense edt
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

TI Eagle 5/8 Special Edition, English soap scuttle, Trumper's Sandalwood soap and Cologne, Simpson B6 Pure badger:

SOTD260921.jpeg
SOTD260921.jpeg (458.11 KiB) Viewed 2525 times
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
jgreenepa

Post by jgreenepa »

51236133-E0D3-4A44-816B-AAF93E181298.jpeg
51236133-E0D3-4A44-816B-AAF93E181298.jpeg (3.08 MiB) Viewed 2513 times
SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, SEPTEMBER 26, 2021

Well there's no longer any question, gang! I am slowly becoming addicted to little Swedish 4/8 razors. Yes, the steel is very hard. It takes some time to build an edge, but they take such an amazingly smooth and sharp edge. This little Neistrom #52 4/8 arrived from Poland tarnished and with a chip in the edge towards the toe. I cleaned away the tarnish, and after learning my lesson with the little Tornblom, pulled out the very aggressive Pride Abrasive water stones I use with my very hard steel Chef knives.

I began with the 220k stone and slowly removed the chip in the toe, then switched to 1k, 6k and 10k, before moving to the 9 Ball slate and finished burnishing the edge on the Jasper. From there I went to the 4 sided pasted constroption, finishing on the Roo-skin bench strop. The little Neistrom easily passed the styrofoam peanut test at that point. Stubble seemed to just melt away. The reputation these little Swedish razors have is well justified. Two passes left my face with the kind of smooth my hand will definitely be returning to for the rest of the day.

The noggin shave featured my British Gold Gillette Rocket. I’m generally not a fan of TTO safety razor head design, but this little razor has never let me down. I snagged it several years ago on the big UK auction site. I saw it just after it appeared with a very low Buy-it-now price. In fact it was so low, I suspected it might be a scam. Fortunately for me, it was just someone who wasn’t aware of what they had. A very knowledgeable TSD Gillette expert friend identified it. Loaded with a Kai or Feather blade, it always does the job as it did this morning leaving me velveteen smooth from the shoulders up.

RAZOR: Edward Neistrom #52 4/8 (Mug), British Gold Gillette Rocket (Dome)
BLADE: Kai DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE LE Aluminum Handle #005 with SynBad Knot
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Krampert’s Frostbite AS Splash.
De Gustibus Non Disputandum
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Semogue Torga C3 Mistura
Pre de Provence hard soap
Red Tip & Perma-Sharp #7
Dr. Galen Herbal Tonic a/s
Tom Ford Beau de Jour :-k

The Tom Ford wears well some days and not others. It's a sample. I won't be buying a bottle. In many ways it's a knockoff of Davidoff Zino but with modern woody aromachems in the base instead of patchouli, old-school sandalwood substitutes, and oakmoss. It's got a killer opening and good heart, but the base is too scratchy and lacks panache.
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
brothers

Post by brothers »

Joris soap
Manchurian brush
General razor
Schick Proline blade
Superior 70 splash
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444