SOTD Oct 11 - Oct 17, 2021

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
klinker

Re: SOTD Oct 11 - Oct 17, 2021

Post by klinker »

DSC_6156 (2).png
DSC_6156 (2).png (3.82 MiB) Viewed 2539 times
Timeless SS SLIM Edition OC / Polsilver Super Iridium
Elite Razor Red, White & Blue 24mm Manchurian White Fan
Declaration Grooming La Petite Prairie Shave Soap & Aftershave
jgreenepa

Post by jgreenepa »

A04665C0-D9F6-4990-A3DC-2D3F7589AA38.jpeg
A04665C0-D9F6-4990-A3DC-2D3F7589AA38.jpeg (2.32 MiB) Viewed 2528 times
SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 16, 2021

SWMBO has left for a quilting seminar, so yours truly decided to go lavender in a big way. My poor bride suffers migraines from this particular scent, but it’s one I’ve always been partial to. My first wife, rest her soul, loved this combination. And since today would have been my 51st anniversary, I dug out the Castle Forbes lavender and the Chatillon Lux Lavender toner! Go big or go home!

The little Klas Tornblom 4/8 punches way above its weight class. It swept away my mug stubble effortlessly. I could have stopped after two passes, but the Castle Forbes lavender just smelled so good that I went for an additional pass which really only consisted of some buffing and flatblading, which I've learned always requires a trip back to the Naniwa 12k for about 10 to 12 strokes to restore the edge.

My trusty Famex easily pulled its weight on the dome, despite an initial bit of over enthusiasm on your narrator’s part during the first pass in unknowingly removing the top of a bump on the right side of my dome resulting in a bit of red fluid. This was my first nick in quite some time, easily dealt with through the Proraso styptic gel. Nevertheless, the rest of the shave went swimmingly, leaving me smelling great and amazingly smooth from dome to shoulders.

RAZOR: Klas Tornblom 4/8 (Mug), Famex Adjustable (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: RR Rubberset Replica with Synth Knot
CREAM: Castle Forbes Lavender
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Chatillon Lux Lavender Toner.
De Gustibus Non Disputandum
pausted

Post by pausted »

Ach Brito Mogno soap
Stirling High Mountain White brush
Colonial General razor
Kai Captain Original blade
Nivea Cooling balm
4711 EdC

Today I finished the big 300 ml bottle of 4711 I bought in November of 2014. Lots of shaves since then. :D
Best regards,

Basil
brothers

Post by brothers »

Tabac stick
Zenith boar brush
General razor
Kai Captain blade
Superior 70 Mentolado splash
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jgreenepa

Post by jgreenepa »

1F945769-531C-4BDA-A2FE-C7A5D251F22C.png
1F945769-531C-4BDA-A2FE-C7A5D251F22C.png (1.66 MiB) Viewed 2497 times
SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 17, 2021

There are many in our community who downplay Chinese Gold Dollar razors. I admit that quality control has been an issue along with the quality of the steel. But this Gold Dollar was purchased from Slash McCoy over a year ago, who honed it using the “Method” he writes about on his Crescent City Razor site. It arrived shave ready, and while a bit harsher than I liked initially, was easily remedied with a few successively diluted slurries on my jasper stone. I really enjoyed the mug shave it delivered this morning. Three passes with some final flatblading, and I’m dolphin smooth.

I really like adjustable safety razors and own several. My Rex Ambassador is my favorite, and I have the new Supply Adjustable on order. My shave this morning featured the new Parker Adjustable purchased for me by my grandson as a get well present following a recent health blip. It appears to be modeled after the Pal, but is much milder, even on its most extreme setting, which I‘d equate to about a 2 on the Rex Ambassador 6 point scale. It took an extra noggin pass this morning to achieve the level of smoothness I like on my dome, but I finally got there.

RAZOR: Gold Monkey 666 (Mug), Parker Adjustable (Dome)
BLADE: Schick Proline B-20 Injector
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Royall Lyme AS/Cologne.
De Gustibus Non Disputandum
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Semogue SOC 2-band Finest
TOBS Cedarwood shave crm
Razorock Gamechanger .84
Lord Platinum blade day #1
CO Bigelow Dr. Galen Tonic
Fougere Nobile edp sample
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau