SOTD November 8 - November 14

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
Mike R

Re: SOTD November 8 - November 14

Post by Mike R »

Friday

Brush: Made Rite Pure Bristle #5
Soap + Cream: Williams + Leftovers
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Indian Wilkinson
A/S: Family Dollar Spice Scent
Cologne / Fragrance: Stetson Preferred Stock

Mike
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Semogue SOC 2-band Finest
TOBS Cedarwood shave crm
Razorock Gamechanger .84
Gillette Nacet blade day #6
C.O. Bigelow No. 047 Tonic
Hermes Equipage Geranium
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
klinker

Post by klinker »

Saturday 11.13.21 SOTD
HUSARIA Monocero Closed Comb / Personna‌ ‌Platinum‌
Vintage Ever Ready 200 new 26mm Oumo SHD 2 band
Ethos Grooming Essentials/CBL Fresh Lime Shave Soap
Ethos Grooming Essentials Greenfresh Skin Food Splash
Attachments
DSC_6882 copy (1).png
DSC_6882 copy (1).png (1.38 MiB) Viewed 2696 times
jgreenepa

Post by jgreenepa »

9F7AE29D-2036-460F-B43E-ACC4829337D9.png
9F7AE29D-2036-460F-B43E-ACC4829337D9.png (2.01 MiB) Viewed 2695 times
C003E7DB-EF16-451D-81FF-5FAE6B6AC1AA.jpeg
C003E7DB-EF16-451D-81FF-5FAE6B6AC1AA.jpeg (810.36 KiB) Viewed 2695 times
SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, NOVEMBER 13, 2021

I decided to have another shave with my new Weck Sextoblade. The razor comes from the estate of a third party beauty/shaving supplies salesman and former barber, according to his great-granddaughter. My first shave with it featured a new Personna hairshaper blade, however, I noticed that the spine appeared to have some hone wear. So I soaked the original Sextoblade blade itself in barbicide overnight, This morning I ran it across my Swaty barber’s hone with som Smith’s Honing oil, after placing it back in the razor, until the edge looked good under my USB microscope.

I believe that the original blade had never been removed, as I was unable to remove it with my fingers when it first arrived, and needed a needle nose pliers to do so. Judging by the amount of shave residue on the original Sextoblade blade coupled with the hone wear on the spine, I believe the former owner treated it just like a regular straight and never removed it from the razor. In fact the original blade looks like it is double beveled. The shave angle on this old antique tool is virtually identical to the angle I use with my regular straight razors. My two and a half pass mug shave with it this morning was every bit as good as my first shave with a fresh blade installed leaving me just as smooth.

My friend Evan’s beautiful anodized blue aluminum handled LE SynBad knotted shave brush always feels great on both dome and mug and has become one of my favorites. Synthetic knots have become every bit as good as natural fiber over the last few years. Most of my shaves now feature synthetic knotted brushes. They don’t require presoaking and perform every bit as well as my high end badgers. My boar brushes are another story. I love them, and they seem perfectly designed for bowl lathering MWF. My bakelite Shake Sharp loaded with its two stacked Feather blades swept away the noggin stubble in two ATG passes leaving me cool, clean, and velveteen.

RAZOR: Weck Sextoblade (Mug), Shake Sharp Model 1.5 (Dome)
BLADE: Original Rehoned Sextoblade Blade (Mug), 2 Stacked Feather DE
(Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE LE #005 Aluminum Handle SynBad Knot
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with PAA Frost Byte AS Splash.
De Gustibus Non Disputandum
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Shavemac 2-band silvertip
TOBS Cedar shave cream*
GEM Micromatic Clog-Pruf
PTFE-coated GEM shave 5
CO Bigelow No. 047 Toner
Pascal Morabito Or Black

*finished today
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
brothers

Post by brothers »

Today's 2 day shave was a joy as always thanks to AOS Rose Absolute and the SilkSmoke synth.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jgreenepa

Post by jgreenepa »

3ACE27CA-7A29-4A93-AAFE-CE3474A77BE4.jpeg
3ACE27CA-7A29-4A93-AAFE-CE3474A77BE4.jpeg (982.5 KiB) Viewed 2649 times
SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, NOVEMBER 14, 2021

This morning I decided to change things up a bit. Instead of starting on my mug, my noggin kicked off what turned out to be an exemplary shave. Although my regular goto DE blade is a Feather, I grabbed a Wilkinson Sword blade, and fearing it wouldn’t be as sharp as I’m accustomed to, felt it was time to pull out my 2011 Muhle R41. I discarded the awful original handle that came with the razor years ago for my remaining Weber handle after selling the head off. It’s a very well-balanced pairing that sheared away my dome stubble in the usual two ATG passes, floating on a very slick, yogurty, skin rejuvenating A&E Shaving Butter lather leaving me quite smooth with a noggin shave surface my hand will definitely be returning to throughout the day.

After that great dome shave, I proceeded to dilute the the thicker dome lather until it reached that nice watery consistency perfect for my mug. Although I shaved with this lovely Manhattan Cutlery 13/16 straight razor a week or so ago, it is, without doubt, one of my finest vintage Sheffield steel shavers. David Work’s jeweler’s background provides him with the requisite attention to detail that always results in an amazingly accurate and precise restoration. If you ever get the opportunity to own one of his restored vintage razors, you won’t regret it. The heft and balance in hand are just perfect for me with this shaving tool, and two and a half passes finished with some final flatblading left me clean and oh-so-velveteen smooth.

RAZOR: Manhattan Cutlery 13/16 (Mug), 2011 Muhle R41 (Dome)
BLADE: Wilkinson Sword (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 with 24mm Hybrid Knot Ferrule
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with A&E Post-Shave Serum.
De Gustibus Non Disputandum
klinker

Post by klinker »

Sunday 11.14.21 SOTD
Yates 921-H Brushed Brass Fat Handle / Personna‌ ‌Platinum‌
Shore Shave Brush 24mm Maggard 2-band badger
Chiseled Face ‌Cedar & Spice ‌Shaving‌ ‌Soap‌
Reuzel Wood & Spice Aftershave
Attachments
DSC_6916 (1).png
DSC_6916 (1).png (417.09 KiB) Viewed 2649 times
pausted

Post by pausted »

MWF soap
WCS Tuxedo synthetic brush
Rockwell 6C razor - plate #5
Gillette Silver Blue blade
Lucky Tiger aftershave tonic
Blue Ocean EdC ( a Davidoff Blue Water clone ) Actually, pretty nice stuff.
Best regards,

Basil