Welcome to SMFU

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
Johnnie
Shave This

Welcome to SMFU

Post by Johnnie »

Gents-

Welcome to ShaveMyFace University. A university where you can learn, grow and teach others. A place for new members to ask questions and get the proper responses. A place to come when you're having problems with your shaves whether razor burn, ingrown hairs or just unsatisfactory shaves.

Dean Gordon shall oversee the university, a very-well respected member of the shaving community.

Welcome,

Johnnie
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
texasPI
Inspector of Beards

Post by texasPI »

Professor Gordon! :lol: Is there a diploma handed out? When is a newbie no longer a newbie?
Erik

"Work like you don't need money,
love like you've never been hurt,
and dance like no one is watching."
Aurora Greenway
Leisureguy

Post by Leisureguy »

I would say that you're no longer a newbie when you actually offer constructive and correct advice in response to a newbie question. :)
texasPI
Inspector of Beards

Post by texasPI »

Leisureguy wrote:I would say that you're no longer a newbie when you actually offer constructive and correct advice in response to a newbie question. :)
:)
Erik

Aurora Greenway
Str8G8r

Post by Str8G8r »

So are some of us Masters candidates? Or are others working on a PhD in shaving? We already have DrP and DrMoss and others but what would the SMFU degree be? Shaveology? Barbaria? Foliculimination?
texasPI
Inspector of Beards

Post by texasPI »

Str8G8r wrote:So are some of us Masters candidates? Or are others working on a PhD in shaving? We already have DrP and DrMoss and others but what would the SMFU degree be? Shaveology? Barbaria? Foliculimination?
Charlie, I think right now I have an Associate Degree and am a few credits short of a Bachelors. I would have it by now if not for all the coeds! :lol:
Erik

Aurora Greenway
Str8G8r

Post by Str8G8r »

texasPI wrote:
Str8G8r wrote:So are some of us Masters candidates? Or are others working on a PhD in shaving? We already have DrP and DrMoss and others but what would the SMFU degree be? Shaveology? Barbaria? Foliculimination?
Charlie, I think right now I have an Associate Degree and am a few credits short of a Bachelors. I would have it by now if not for all the coeds! :lol:
Yes they are a bit distracting. Especially at Shaving U!
timc

Post by timc »

Are there any shaving fraternities?
- Tim -
"You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains."
texasPI
Inspector of Beards

Post by texasPI »

timc wrote:Are there any shaving fraternities?
Yes but they're only open to a select few. Rushing is currently ongoing and details will follow... :lol:
Erik

Aurora Greenway
Str8G8r

Post by Str8G8r »

texasPI wrote:
timc wrote:Are there any shaving fraternities?
Yes but they're only open to a select few. Rushing is currently ongoing and details will follow... :lol:
I'm a Tau & Eta man myself.
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Post by Bargepole »

Leisureguy wrote:I would say that you're no longer a newbie when you actually offer constructive and correct advice in response to a newbie question. :)
I disagree. Your position is contested. It represents authoritarian and outmoded "givens" which are no longer tenable as absolutes in the context of a postmodern society in which all behaviours may be seen as recensions or re-inscriptions of (inter)textual normative cultural hegemonies.

Please may I have my doctorate now?
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis
timc

Post by timc »

Bargepole wrote: I disagree. Your position is contested. It represents authoritarian and outmoded "givens" which are no longer tenable as absolutes in the context of a postmodern society in which all behaviours may be seen as recensions or re-inscriptions of (inter)textual normative cultural hegemonies.
What he said.
- Tim -
"You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains."
Tye
Watch this space!

Post by Tye »

Bargepole wrote:
I disagree. Your position is contested. It represents authoritarian and outmoded "givens" which are no longer tenable as absolutes in the context of a postmodern society in which all behaviours may be seen as recensions or re-inscriptions of (inter)textual normative cultural hegemonies.

Wow....Dr. Bargepole, PhD in wetshaving. Very well said.

-Tye
Contributing Member to the Cause
texasPI
Inspector of Beards

Post by texasPI »

Bargepole wrote:

No, you may have your Post Doctorate now! :lol:
Erik

Aurora Greenway
kd7kip

Post by kd7kip »

Bargepole wrote:

Sounds as if you already have the doctorate, as well as several years of teaching and publishing in all the scholarly journals. I would suggest you need a fellowship of some sort: The Shave My Face Chair of Blithering Codswallop, for instance?

-Scott
Dumb as a stump and twice as ugly...
ichabod
Mackem

Post by ichabod »

Fellows (and I mean that in the academic sense) I feel an opportunity has been missed. Had we but been able (not that we should live in the pluperfect subjunctive, or any past tense) to name our educational establishment Shave The Face University, we would have been able to get some cool shirts:
Give us the luxuries, and we will forgo the necessities.
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be toasty for the rest of his life.
Dominic
Str8G8r

Post by Str8G8r »

ichabod wrote:Fellows (and I mean that in the academic sense) I feel an opportunity has been missed. Had we but been able (not that we should live in the pluperfect subjunctive, or any past tense) to name our educational establishment Shave The Face University, we would have been able to get some cool shirts:

STFU
--Charlie
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

I vote for a Forum name change! :lol: 8) :twisted:
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Post by Bargepole »

kd7kip wrote:
Bargepole wrote:

Sounds as if you already have the doctorate, as well as several years of teaching and publishing in all the scholarly journals. I would suggest you need a fellowship of some sort: The Shave My Face Chair of Blithering Codswallop, for instance?

-Scott
Well spotted. Except we don't call it "blithering codswallop". We call it "epistemological stochastics". (You'd be amazed how many people it fools.)
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis
drP
Shaving Brush Stockpiler

Post by drP »

Right now i'm finishing my thesis written in German, in order to get a doctorate at the University of Hamburg.

The title is:

"Zur Elektrodynamik bewegter Rasierpinsel"

drP
Peter