tapatalk and shave my face

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: tapatalk and shave my face

Post by Squire »

I'd say you've got the seductive priority list in the right order Bob.
Regards,
Squire
harper

Post by harper »

I try Squire; I try.

bob
Raze R. Blade

Post by Raze R. Blade »

drmoss_ca wrote:Oh, just to explain the odd arrangement here. We have an absentee landlord who used to be enthusiastic, but is now so rarely seen he might just be as real as Bigfoot or Nessie. However, he pays the bills so we have our fun at his expense and try not to bother him too much in case he decides we are too much trouble.
Considerate of you to be sure, not to mention very generous of Vince. Has anyone considered forming a group and offering to acquire Shave My Face from Vince? It would save him the expense and trouble, and allow the forum to be made more mobile-friendly, including updated with Tapatalk. Smartphones are increasingly used to access forums, including wetshaving forums, so mobile-friendly themes and Tapatalk are ever more important. Perhaps that would lead to an increase in traffic on this now very quiet site? Otherwise, the forum risks being unattractive to mobile users, prompting them to go elsewhere. Just a thought...

And many, many thanks to you, Vince (if you are reading this)! You have benefited many wethshavers, and also made the world a better place, by bringing SMF to life and keeping it online all these years.
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Vince regularly gets offers to buy him out. Usually from vendors who want to have their own pet forum. He politely declines each time.

C.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Raze R. Blade wrote: Has anyone considered forming a group and offering to acquire Shave My Face from Vince?
Yes, we have, and if Vince ever decides to sell the site he knows who to contact.
Regards,
Squire
Raze R. Blade

Post by Raze R. Blade »

drmoss_ca wrote:Vince regularly gets offers to buy him out. Usually from vendors who want to have their own pet forum. He politely declines each time.

C.
Right on, Vince!

Those vendors should know better anyways. The update from useful forum to Internet highway billboard would likely not go over well with the membership. Vendors who can't be bothered to setup and run a forum in the first place would also have problems running an acquired forum. It is a lot of work! BTW - Mucho thanks to the folks running this forum!
Squire wrote:Yes, we have, and if Vince ever decides to sell the site he knows who to contact.
Whew! OK, that is good to know. :)
brothers

Post by brothers »

I admire him for sticking with his creation. Obviously it means a lot to him for many reasons. I hope he never sells.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

brothers wrote:I admire him for sticking with his creation. Obviously it means a lot to him for many reasons. I hope he never sells.
+1
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
brothers

Post by brothers »

brothers wrote: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:46 am It's a fair question. If it (Tapatalk) becomes available for SMF, I'd use it.
I now confess that I do not and have never actually understood and certainly never actually used it.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444