balms aftershaves and other potions

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: balms aftershaves and other potions

Post by Squire »

nicodemus38 wrote: . . . . why do you get that burn when you put your alcohol aftershave on? . . . .
Usually from shaving with too much pressure or too quickly which can also inadvertently increase pressure.
Regards,
Squire
nicodemus38

Re: balms aftershaves and other potions

Post by nicodemus38 »

I can see some of the nice things to it, but two things I don't like at all.

the cost. 30 dollars for 2 ounces? That makes johnny walker black label cheaper then crack.

the smell. I don't mind scents and all. But I need good ones. Most of what I find in stores is crap. crap. crap. A smell similar to a dog dying in the closest of a cheap whorehouse in Victorian san francisco in summer.

I once spent an afternoon at a fancy place in town peebles playing with the scents. a polo or ralph lauren blue color mixed with a different one I could tolerate myself but they actually started clearing the scent counter area once I made that concoction. like pine tar soap with something else to it. and when I calculated the costs. it would have cost me 90 dollars to get the two bottles.