hey I'm a new commer to wetshaving

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
CMur12

Re: hey I'm a new commer to wetshaving

Post by CMur12 »

mrjediconsular wrote:will the packaging sucked and i had to put mine together :roll:.

i seen only two problems with it is that the corners can catch your skin easy but that might be my technique.

the other is that the handle can get hot really easy just by running the head underwater.

but otherwise it's smooth shaving only once has the adjustment dial switch on me but i just had to tighten the pressure ring inside a little pit more. I've only used it with derby's i'm still working on my sample pack :D
I have never had the corners of the blade or head catch my skin. When you assembled the razor, did you line up the index marks on the razor bed (triangle) and the top piece (vertical line)?

- Murray
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

mrjediconsular wrote::?: Is it possible to have the grain of the beard change the closer to the skin you get?
I'm quite sure this isn't possible, unless you are talking about a curly beard, perhaps. If your whiskers grow straight, there should be no change. In other words, if your whiskers grow straight, it will be easy to determine the direction of the grain. If they are curly, you may have to determine the direction of the grain by the direction of the most effective cut. Either way, the direction of growth at the level of the skin is what determines the cut.

- Murray
brothers

Post by brothers »

mrjediconsular wrote::?: Is it possible to have the grain of the beard change the closer to the skin you get?
No. :D But that's just me.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

No, I don't think the beard growth pattern ever changes.
Regards,
Squire