blade testing

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
mrjediconsular

blade testing

Post by mrjediconsular »

so ive been blade testing for quite a while now and i almost done with my 50 blades but heres my problem i have been testing stainless steel blades from the start and i 5 packs left and one is a feather pack and i was wondering if i should keep going with all stainless despite feathers being one of the sharpest blades (i have about 10 super max stainless blades to go before feathers) or should i go with the platinum blades then feathers?
Jordan
brothers

Re: blade testing

Post by brothers »

Make it easy on all of us - flip a coin! Looking forward to seeing your report after it's done.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
mrjediconsular

Post by mrjediconsular »

looks like i will be doing feather then go with platinum blades i still have 10 blades so i t might be a bit before i try the feathers
Jordan
brothers

Post by brothers »

Jordan, how are the Feather blades holding up for you?
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
mrjediconsular

Post by mrjediconsular »

well i havent got to them ive been skipping shaves because iv been busy (looking for a house because i was beening kicked out of my current house but they let me stay for a bit longer( and been having a lot of migraines so ive been using thevan der hagen blades the ive tested and not liked i will be trying them tonight though
Jordan
mrjediconsular

Post by mrjediconsular »

Well I tried the feathers out and my first shave went will I only cut my self once they reminded me of gillette nacets but sharper I might have a tie between the two but I will see.
Jordan