How to Lather Shaving Soap in a Bowl or Mug (Video)

New to the world of wet-shaving? Grab a desk and be seated! Welcome to SMFU: A place to learn and compare notes about the ABC's of wet shaving. From brushes to creams, razors and more...We've got it all!
MensSoapCo

How to Lather Shaving Soap in a Bowl or Mug (Video)

Post by MensSoapCo »

We get lots of views on our website on this topic, so I created a video to supplement the how-to-guide. I'm posting it here for beginners and for those of you still struggling to get a good lather from a hard puck. Hope it helps. :)

Watch the video: How to Lather a Shaving Soap in a Bowl or Mug

Thanks for watching!

Omar
The irritation-free shaving soaps!
Shop Men's Soap Company - MensSoap.com
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: How to Lather Shaving Soap in a Bowl or Mug (Video)

Post by drmoss_ca »

Welcome to SMF. Might I point out that we have some rules for vendors, and this is your polite notice that much as we are glad to have you, we would still like you to comply with them. Rule 4 of the Posting Guidelines says:
4. Vendors are asked to make all posts that constitute self-advertisement in the Shopping Forum. If asked in another forum about your products, you may, of course, reply. We are strict in enforcing this. Vendors may include one link to their business in their signatures, but in no case should a vendor include any other link that leads directly or indirectly to their business in any post outside the Shopping Forum. Members who resell supplies/items for profit will be considered as vendors when posting for this purpose. Vendors may not send 'spam' private messages to other members as a form of self-advertisement.
Perhaps you would like to pick which one of the five links in your signature you would like to use? SMF is very happy to have vendors as members as long as they follow our rules, which have been forged in many struggles in which we have seen vendors determined to exploit us as a captive audience for advertising. We have also seen the other side of that coin, where a forum has been formed for the single purpose of making money (I don't need to name names, but we never charge a vendor a single penny for posting privileges, nor lots of pennies for expanded privileges, nor do we make offers to custom razor makers that they will become the forum's recommended go-to artisan in return for a consideration) which makes me sick. The cynical creation of yet other forums by vendors who then permit only positive posts about their wares and delete posts that paint the competition in a positive light are equally reprehensible. Our aim is to be as objective as possible. That means very little razzmatazz, but hopefully trustworthy reviews and advice. Call it quirky, but a good shave is better than profit.

So, welcome again, and I'll try to remember to review your sig file again tomorrow.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
MensSoapCo

Post by MensSoapCo »

Thank you, Chris. I've made the update to the signature per the rule. That said, I was actually looking for a way to donate to the forum. I believe the time, effort and hosting costs could be compensated, if people find the establishment beneficial to them and choose to do so.
drmoss_ca wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:08 pm Welcome to SMF. Might I point out that we have some rules for vendors, and this is your polite notice that much as we are glad to have you, we would still like you to comply with them. Rule 4 of the Posting Guidelines says:
4. Vendors are asked to make all posts that constitute self-advertisement in the Shopping Forum. If asked in another forum about your products, you may, of course, reply. We are strict in enforcing this. Vendors may include one link to their business in their signatures, but in no case should a vendor include any other link that leads directly or indirectly to their business in any post outside the Shopping Forum. Members who resell supplies/items for profit will be considered as vendors when posting for this purpose. Vendors may not send 'spam' private messages to other members as a form of self-advertisement.
Perhaps you would like to pick which one of the five links in your signature you would like to use? SMF is very happy to have vendors as members as long as they follow our rules, which have been forged in many struggles in which we have seen vendors determined to exploit us as a captive audience for advertising. We have also seen the other side of that coin, where a forum has been formed for the single purpose of making money (I don't need to name names, but we never charge a vendor a single penny for posting privileges, nor lots of pennies for expanded privileges, nor do we make offers to custom razor makers that they will become the forum's recommended go-to artisan in return for a consideration) which makes me sick. The cynical creation of yet other forums by vendors who then permit only positive posts about their wares and delete posts that paint the competition in a positive light are equally reprehensible. Our aim is to be as objective as possible. That means very little razzmatazz, but hopefully trustworthy reviews and advice. Call it quirky, but a good shave is better than profit.

So, welcome again, and I'll try to remember to review your sig file again tomorrow.

Chris
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Welcome, Omar! Glad to have you join us.

- Murray
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

MensSoapCo wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:15 pm Thank you, Chris. I've made the update to the signature per the rule. That said, I was actually looking for a way to donate to the forum. I believe the time, effort and hosting costs could be compensated, if people find the establishment beneficial to them and choose to do so.
Thank you for your quick response. The owner of this forum (not me, but you might come across an reference here and there to a mysterious character called Vince) was once an impassioned wetshaver. Perhaps he still is, or maybe he has a very long beard. He chooses to maintain the forum and pay the bills, but rarely participates and is a bit hard to contact. If you want to send him free cash you can try to contact him at vinceb@gmail.com, but he might not reply and he certainly won't be bought. The home page of the site also has a PayPal donation button. I'm not being coy, nor am I inventing Vince, as all the senior members will confirm. I don't even know if the PayPal button works. The point is that this site is not about money, only about enjoying the best shaves imaginable and be damned to everything else!

C.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

I watched the video. What's this guy doing in Mantic's bathroom?

Welcome, Omar.

Chris
MensSoapCo

Post by MensSoapCo »

Interesting. Thanks for the info.
drmoss_ca wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:34 pm
MensSoapCo wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:15 pm Thank you, Chris. I've made the update to the signature per the rule. That said, I was actually looking for a way to donate to the forum. I believe the time, effort and hosting costs could be compensated, if people find the establishment beneficial to them and choose to do so.
Thank you for your quick response. The owner of this forum (not me, but you might come across an reference here and there to a mysterious character called Vince) was once an impassioned wetshaver. Perhaps he still is, or maybe he has a very long beard. He chooses to maintain the forum and pay the bills, but rarely participates and is a bit hard to contact. If you want to send him free cash you can try to contact him at vinceb@gmail.com, but he might not reply and he certainly won't be bought. The home page of the site also has a PayPal donation button. I'm not being coy, nor am I inventing Vince, as all the senior members will confirm. I don't even know if the PayPal button works. The point is that this site is not about money, only about enjoying the best shaves imaginable and be damned to everything else!

C.
MensSoapCo

Post by MensSoapCo »

Haha, thanks! Being associated to Mantic's work is a plus. I'll take it :)
EL Alamein wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:29 pm I watched the video. What's this guy doing in Mantic's bathroom?

Welcome, Omar.

Chris