Gordon or Bernards66

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
EL Alamein

Re: Gordon or Bernards66

Post by EL Alamein »

Sure do miss Gordon. I fear the worst as well.

Here's hoping I'm wrong and he's relaxing in some leafy glade surrounded by loved ones and drinking something refreshing.

Chris
woodsrider

Post by woodsrider »

A few months ago, I also tried to track down Gordon's whereabouts. I found the clinic that Chris mentioned, but could not find any current association (as others have mentioned, he's probably retired anyway). I didn't find much else - he obviously doesn't have much of an online footprint. I used to have his address in Tampa, but I think I finally whacked that a few months ago when I was doing some iPhone contact cleanup.

I also had Squire's contact info in Jackson, MS, and I did some poking around looking for him. I could find some legal references in my searches, but I don't think he is practicing law any more. Like Gordon, aside from Squire's legal references, he didn't seem to have much of an online presence.
Lynn
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

I looked at voter rolls for Tampa and came up with:
Gordon George Nielsen
xxxx Memorial Hwy, STE 114,
Tampa, FL 33615

Does this agree with the address others have had for him? He did vote in 2020 so was around then.

I also found a traffic ticket from Hillsborough County Clerk of Courts website (I'm getting good at this PI business!) from 2018 with the address:
xxxx STARFISH CT
LUTZ, FL 33558

C.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

I had met Gordon a few years back, maybe 8 or 9 years at this point. We had an early dinner at a deli in the mall in Tampa near the airport, International Blvd or something like that. I had his phone number at one time. Sad that he stopped communicating.
cjc15153

Post by cjc15153 »

Even though it is public information, I would remove or despecify his personal info. (Though I'm tempted to mail him an Arko stick.)
--
I am Chris #6. No relation to Nikki.
brothers

Post by brothers »

For a few years I thought maybe his screen name was somewhat of a mystery. Last year I read a couple of Gordon's old posts wherein he mentioned ties to someone or something in Australia. It appears that "Bernards 66" is the exact physical address in a residential suburb of Adelaide Australia. There are others, such as Bernards 64, 55, etc. I did locate a real estate agent's specific posts of Bernards 66, which appears to be along the lines of a condominium, duplex, or something along those lines. Photos showed the physical interior and diagrams of the interior and exterior design of the 66 property, as well as a map of the overall development. Gordon, if you're following us, we wish you all the best.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Gary, if I recall a post from long ago, and Dr. Chris might be able to recall as well, his nickname was a reference to his high school, and the year he graduated. Somewhere in New York City, I thought.
woodsrider

Post by woodsrider »

Sam, I also recall a post from Gordon to that effect. It’s been a while…
Lynn
brothers

Post by brothers »

Here it is! Just took a moment to locate it. Mystery solved.
bernards66 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:53 pm Peter was very close....but no banana. I grew up in Bernardsville, NJ and attended Bernards High School ( along with Meryl Streep, among other interesting fellow students ). I graduated from Bernards High in 1966, hence, 'Bernards66'. When I was first signing up for Wetshavers, my wife was doing the sign-in procedure ( that's how clueless I was about computers at that point ) and she asked me what handle I wanted to use and 'Bernards66' was the first thing that popped into my head.
Regards,
Gordon
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

I was close. Lol
Mike R

Post by Mike R »

Thanks for all the updates, guys. He was a big part of the board knowledgeable and always very helpful.

Mike