Where is Everybody?!

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
kronos9

Re: Where is Everybody?!

Post by kronos9 »

I thought about starting a thread "After retirement, why bother shaving?" Rather depressing and pessimistic, admittedly.

Maybe if you're married or at least socially active it would make sense to be clean shaven. But if not? I suppose clean and fresh is a reward in itself.

Sorry for the bummer.
Ed
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Guilty as well for veering away from the forum. Excuses have already been noted by others already -- and I would fall into the category of not making this a priority.

Bruno - allow me to add to the words of condolences from others at the loss of your wife. I can't imagine how you feel nor what specifically one goes through after this kind of life changing event. I trust God will keep you in His hands as you transition to your "new" normal.

Chris - my thoughts are also with you and your health challenges. We were in Mahone Bay for a 2 week holiday last fall, and I considered looking you up on the way in or out of Nova Scotia, but couldn't get my head around it. Sorry mate.

Everyone else - we may be a bit quieter for various reasons, but we are still a strong shaving minority with a voice. I appreciate those of you who have kept SMF going during these times of reduced activity and engagement for many of us.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

Thanks for the kind words Wendell. Nice to see you again. :)
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

jww wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:26 am Chris - my thoughts are also with you and your health challenges. We were in Mahone Bay for a 2 week holiday last fall, and I considered looking you up on the way in or out of Nova Scotia, but couldn't get my head around it. Sorry mate
Two weeks in Mahone Bay? What the hell did you do? Spend all day talking to the rich folk the rest of us bluenosers dislike? :D

Next time come and visit. Hope you like curry, as with a vegetarian wife I have had to develop a particular style of cookery.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

drmoss_ca wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:34 pm
Two weeks in Mahone Bay? What the hell did you do? Spend all day talking to the rich folk the rest of us bluenosers dislike? :D

Next time come and visit. Hope you like curry, as with a vegetarian wife I have had to develop a particular style of cookery.
I used to work quite a bit in Halifax just before I retired from IBM and we weren't going to England or state-side. We spent all our time simply walking around the countryside .... and spent a few days up in the valley antiquing. Being city folk, we felt we wanted to be closer to Halifax, that's all.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
woodsrider

Post by woodsrider »

woodsrider (Lynn) checking in. I stop by occasionally, check a few things out, but for some reason rarely post. I hope we aren't withering on the vine - I've enjoyed this forum for many years. I started out on "another" forum, but quickly migrated to SMF due to snarky attitudes by some shaving forum badasses over there...lol.

I still enjoy my wet shaving goodies (large Simpson, Rooney and Plisson collection, many great soaps/creams, etc.), and I've been wet shaving for probably 45 or so years with no plans on stopping until I can no longer hold my favorite Feather razor! I miss trading Plisson photos and stories with Peter (DrP) and Buzz (M6Classic) - not to mention posts by forum members with much more knowledge than me (Chris, Gordon, etc.). I hope all are doing well and navigating the curvy roads of life....cheers!
Lynn
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Hey Lynn. We are still around.
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Great to see you, Lynn!

- Murray
woodsrider

Post by woodsrider »

Thanks, Sam and Murray - good to hear from y’all! I’ll try to not be as much of a stranger going forward.
Lynn
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

All forums seem pretty dead these days. I really do think that Social Media is largely to blame. While us older guys may prefer the forum format, the newer wet shavers are much more likely to participate on Reddit, Instagram or Facebook groups. The result is that the forums do not get the influx of new blood necessary to spark threads and posts. Instead, it becomes like Seinfeld's second button routine.
http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil
liam324

Post by liam324 »

Oh no, I just found this forum and seeing the thread about the forum being dead is kind of sad. But I see that there is activity here, hopefully I'll be able to communicate.
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Welcome, Liam, if you want to talk about shaving. However, I see your IP is in Ukraine, rather than Nurnberg. Please don't turn out to be another spammer....
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Welcome to SMF, Liam.

- Murray
brothers

Post by brothers »

I miss Clive's participation here at SMF. His last post was July of last year. 😥
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

brothers wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:04 pm I miss Clive's participation here at SMF. His last post was July of last year. 😥
I didn't realize we hadn't heard from Clive for so long.

I hope he's alright.

- Murray
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

CMur12 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:54 pm
brothers wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:04 pm I miss Clive's participation here at SMF. His last post was July of last year. 😥
I didn't realize we hadn't heard from Clive for so long.

I hope he's alright.

- Murray
I am happy to report that I heard from Clive this morning.
http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil
brothers

Post by brothers »

. . . And ??? . . .😀😀😀
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

brothers wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:51 am . . . And ??? . . .😀😀😀
He was looking for Blenheim Bouquet so he's still wet shaving. Hopefully he pops into the forum soon.

- Phil
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

63 thumbs up, as Clive would say!

C.
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

drmoss_ca wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:37 am 63 thumbs up, as Clive would say!

C.
:D I was thinking the same thing.

- Phil