Has anyone ordered Connaught Shaving and Shaving.ie lately?.

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
chris1978

Has anyone ordered Connaught Shaving and Shaving.ie lately?.

Post by chris1978 »

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone ordered Connaught Shaving and Shaving.ie website lately? The reason I’m asking is that I really want to buy the D.R. Harris Arlington shaving soap or cream or stick and the price is so cheap than U.S. prices in different vendors in the U.S.A. I would not buy $35, $37 or $40 on Shaving soap. That too expensive for me. Also I plan to buy Geo F. Trumper Rose Shaving cream on jar or tube. How long it takes to ship to New Jersey USA from Connaught? How was the shipping? Fast? Oh I forgot I was thinking about to buy the samples. The website says it takes 7 to 20 days to ship to the USA but I don’t about that.

What about Shaving.ie from Ireland, they had great prices on everything including D.R. Harris products and Geo F. Trumper. I heard that it takes two weeks to deliver to U.S.. any experience with it? You can change the currency from Pound to dollars (£ to $).

Why U.S. vendors prices are so expensive that U.K. Vendors? Are they trying make money? I’m struggling with cheaper price that In can afford it. Once in awhile I ordered safety blades and other things from Maggard Razors. Very good service. West Coast shaving, too expensive. They raise the prices on D.R. Harris shaving cream for $33 and shaving soap $40. Forget it.

Do you want to know what I’m planning to get? See below.

D.R. Harris Arlington shaving soap

D.R. Harris Rose Shaving cream on jar or tube

Geo F Trumper Rose Shaving Cream on Jar or tube

Muhle R88 DE razor

D.R Harris on samples.

Any advice?

Chris A
brothers

Re: Has anyone ordered Connaught Shaving and Shaving.ie lately?.

Post by brothers »

Hello Chris. It's been a while since I've seen you posting. I've been a loyal customer of Connaught for 11 years since I've been a member of SMF. The gentleman's name is Paul and he is among the best vendors, in my opinion. I base my opinion on several factors. He is dependable, he is honest, and he knows his products. His prices are fair and reasonable. Shipping usually takes 10 days to 2 weeks.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

I’ve bought several items from Shaving.ie and found them to be reliable and prompt.
Bryan
Gene

Post by Gene »

My few dealings with Connaught have gone perfectly.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
ThePossum

Post by ThePossum »

I have ordered from Paul quite a few times. Most of the time I get like 8 cakes of Mitchel's Wool-Fate bath soap. But I am now finding that I need to order some Taylor's shave creams. So my order will be larger than normal. His prices are just great and his shipping comes much faster than what one would think. No over-night but about a week and the shipping is very reasonable as well. Of all the vendors I have dealt within the last 10 years Paul is the best. No need to look any further for your shaving supplies.
Bryce

My Shave Stuff
The Original Safety Too - An SE Razor Forum
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

chris has gone awol :D

would be interesting to know where/how his order went

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Raze R. Blade

Post by Raze R. Blade »

chris1978 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:37 pm Why U.S. vendors prices are so expensive that U.K. Vendors? Are they trying make money?
It stands to reason that the U.S. vendors trying to make money. Some shaving products imported into the U.S. have a minimum price imposed by the manufacturer or U.S. distributor. Any retailer who sells below that price will not be shipped any more product.
Any advice?
Buy from Connaught Shaving, Shaving.ie, or whichever seller has the best deal for what you want. Both Connaught's and Shaving.ie have a very good reputation, and have been around for a long time. When comparing prices, remember to factor the cost of shipping into the total. Prices shown by UK sellers include VAT (Value Added Tax, like a national sales tax) and shipping to the UK. Shipping to the US will be a little more, but you don't have to pay the VAT.