Shaving schedule

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
brothers

Re: Shaving schedule

Post by brothers »

Over the past few weeks of resting my face 48 hours between shaves I've noticed my facial skin has become more comfortable and generally overall healthier in feel and appearance. This has turned out to be one of the best lifestyle decisions i've ever made. Not to mention I literally doubled my lifetime supply hoard of shaving stuff overnight without spending a single penny.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

:D I literally doubled my lifetime supply hoard of shaving stuff overnight without spending a single penny.
you need to write a book about it......nyt best seller :D :D :D :D :D :D
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

fallingwickets wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:41 am
:D I literally doubled my lifetime supply hoard of shaving stuff overnight without spending a single penny.
you need to write a book about it......nyt best seller :D :D :D :D :D :D
Considering the considerable amount of time that has been saved as a result of far less straight razor maintenance and shaving only 183 times per year, I could probably write a book. That or maybe just more time spent reading a book? :D

P.S.: By no means am I abandoning straight razor maintenance, just referring to the time saved through the enormous reduction in all of the activities that I used to spend on shaving and preparing for shaving every single day of my retirement life.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Reon87

Post by Reon87 »

I was really depressed during a pandemic, as my company has chosen to make us work remotely from home. This aspect has almost broken my regime, and I felt really with zero sources of energy, so I didn't shave at all. But I had to learn how to follow my new regime, and then it slowly came to the normal one that was before the pandemic: 2-3 times per week.
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Welcome to SMF, Reon87!

I'm glad things are getting back to normal for you and that you are feeling better about it.

I shave 3x a week, myself, as my skin has never tolerated a daily scraping.

- Murray
brothers

Post by brothers »

A few months have passed since my move to only shaving every other day. The process seems to be evolving. As of now I'm starting only shaving 3 days a week on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday every week. This further reduces the total number of shaves every year to only around 145. I will no longer shave on Monday, Wednesday, Friday or Saturday.
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Not sure why, but fri is a must shave day for me....starting the weekend off (ending the week?) with a good shave is a must...nothing tops getting into bed fri night blinking klean :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

clive
brothers

Post by brothers »

Well, I decided the ugly three day beard on Sunday morning was just too much drama. I've always looked forward to Saturday mornings when I shave. So as of now I'm going to a 4 shave week, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. 8)
Gary

Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Every day is a “must shave” day for me. I’m blonde and have a light ginger-coloured beard so I could skip a day here and there, but I can’t stand the feel of stubble even for a day. Moreover, my morning shower and shave leaves me feeling clean and invigorated, ready to face the day.
Bryan
Lathermaster

Post by Lathermaster »

I usually shave every other day. During cover I might have went 3-4 days between shaves. I was disappointed the barbershops were closed. I do like going to a barber for a hot lather one.
brothers

Post by brothers »

So far with the 4 shaves a week regimen I'm liking it. It's my imagination of course, but it seems like the whiskers have slowed down growing. What can I say! 😯
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

four days here too....but im having such enjoyment with my feather razor that im thinking of upping the schedule :D

clive
Lathermaster

Post by Lathermaster »

I auditioned 3 barbers for shaves over the past couple of weeks. I went to the local high end over priced shop. I was very disappointed. How can they call it a hot lather shave when the barber uses cold lather with a brush. Another barber isn't even worth mentioning. I went back to the guy I went to on NYE he did the extra lather and towels I totally enjoyed it. He doesn't shave as close as I would like, but the "experience" was very relaxing and the price is right.
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

as much as i find the idea of a barber shave appealing, I couldnt handle anyone coming near me with a blade.....not enough xanax this side of texas to get me calm enough to enjoy the the experience :D :D :D

clive
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

I'm with Clive on the barbershop shaves. I've always liked the idea and I've read a lot of horror stories. In the end nobody does it better than me so I'm just keeping it that way.

I will say this: that I was sick Thursday and Friday of this week and did not shave. Saturday I was feeling better and it was very satisfying to take that three day growth off.

Chris
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Good to read that you're on the mend Chris.

clive
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Thanks, Clive!