Multi-razor shaving

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
brothers

Multi-razor shaving

Post by brothers »

Out of necessity after all these years, I've concluded that certain locations on my face simply can't accommodate straight razors any more due to cutting myself. As a whisker cutter, yes, but not as a traveler negotiating the rough and uneven surfaces due to my ruggedly handsome multi-surface dimpled and uneven chin (some refer to this as the goatee area). I need to stop cutting myself to shreds with straight razors. Blood thinners don't seem to encourage clotting.

This morning it occurred to me that I can easily maneuver my beloved and beautiful straight razors around on the generally flat smooth areas, and will continue to do so for as long as I can. It's just too much trouble to deal with the bleeding they cause, post-shave. Took me about an hour and a half to stop the flow near one of the carotids a few days ago. There is a very simple solution: shave the smooth skin with the straight razors and shave the treacherous regions with a safety razor, where there are virtually zero cuts. Key word safety. That's what I did this morning and it makes it so easy. Yes, I'm a slow learner by nature.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Rufus

Re: Multi-razor shaving

Post by Rufus »

When I shave with a DE razor I clean up with a Mach3. There are certain areas of my face that I just can’t get with a DE without nicking myself, so to save me the trouble of trying not to nick myself or to staunch the flow of blood when I’m not successful the Mach3 (and sometimes a Sensor) works like a charm. I can’t imagine shaving with a cutthroat razor; in my hands it would live up to its name and I’d have to have a few pints of blood on hand.
Bryan
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Re: Multi-razor shaving

Post by fallingwickets »

my multi razor use has always been de face, fusion head, but i can see fusion'ing my face too in the not to distant future :shock:

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum