Changing the grain pattern?

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
Gene

Changing the grain pattern?

Post by Gene »

Been pondering this for a while....

We know that there are charts about the direction our beards grow ... and grain. With the grain, across the grain and against the grain.

My question - is it even remotely possible to shift the direction of our beard growth? Make across shift to against, or with?

I remember a movie from a while back - a woman was berating a man about his father not teaching him to shave "properly" resulting in his beard not growing the right way.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
JarmoP

Re: Changing the grain pattern?

Post by JarmoP »

If I understand you right, you mean if how we shave, can change the way our beards grow. To that I doubt it has any effect. It will grow back same way as it always has.

I shave my chins WTG and then the last 2 passes are just ATG. On my upper lip I need WTG, sideways XTG and then up ATG.

Perhaps that woman in the movie did not like the direction the guy's beard was growing, or was just complaining about him having some stubble left :)
Jarmo
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: Changing the grain pattern?

Post by drmoss_ca »

Utterly impossible to alter the orientation of hair follicles in the dermis.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace