So, we did a thing...

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
Gene

So, we did a thing...

Post by Gene »

Afternoon all,

As you might know - my wife and I are Realtors here in Austin. My wife has been doing a lot of work with long- and short-term investors here in the area and we became interested. Long-term investors buy and hold - renting their properties or 1-, 2- or more year leases. Short-term rentals are what you see with VRBO, Airbnb, etc. (typically 3 to 5 might stays - vacation places).

It's funny - only in real estate can you earn 100% of the cash flow for only 20% down. If you buy and manage your purchase right it can pay for itself and provide a positive cash flow (yes, a big IF in this heavy seller's market but it does happen). We know all investment has risk - but this was too good a deal to pass on.

Anyway - long story short - we decided to buy something for the short term market! After a lot of research we picked a place in the gulf coast about 20 miles from Galveston. We went live last week - and I am either really excited or quite dread-filled (depending on the time of day).

I am attaching a link to the management company that will handle the property. If that's not proper please remove.

https://www.cozivr.com/vrp/unit/new-stu ... from-beach
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
brothers

Re: So, we did a thing...

Post by brothers »

Looks like a winner to me! Great for a special occasion involving a group.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

wishing you all the best...looks like a fantastic house to live in. of course one has to ask: smf discount code?????????? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
John Rose

Post by John Rose »

I love the wrap-around deck. It must be like walking the deck of a ship.
Looks like everybody designed for storm surges. Probably a wise choice. Is that a local building code thing?
"If this isn't nice, then what is?" - Kurt Vonnegut's Uncle Alex
Gene

Post by Gene »

Oh yeah, all the homes are well off the ground - some more than others. Ours is the highest I have seen - 24 feet tot eh bottom of the deck according to the paperwork.

I am working on a discount code (SWMBO needs to sign off).
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore