Shaving a friend

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
Lathermaster

Shaving a friend

Post by Lathermaster »

Does anybody here play the role of barber and shave one of their friends faces?
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: Shaving a friend

Post by drmoss_ca »

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone here indulging in that kind of role play. And given how much you Americans like to sue, I think that's a wise choice!
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

no one. Closest I have gotten is given someone a DE razors, blades, shave cream and brush
brothers

Post by brothers »

45 years ago my young father experienced something unthinkable and ended up unable to care for himself. Every week or two I would bring my can of shaving cream and Schick Krona to his room and shave him with a new blade. Sometimes an uncontrolled sudden movement would occur, so I was able to exercise ultra-sensitivity in the process. Of course, our first thought was an electric, right? Well, placing a buzzing implement anywhere near his head or face caused sheer uncontrolled panic, and that was why I used the Krona. He seemed to welcome the DE manual shaving process and didn't mind. Nothing to do with grooming, other than avoiding a full uncontrolled beard. Your question reminded me of those days. He survived 13 years in that state. My mom's 97.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
M6Classic
Location: Not as near Colonial Drug as when they were at Harvard Square, but near enough.

Post by M6Classic »

Many years ago I was staying in the slave castle at Dix Cove on the coast of Ghana. The place hadn't changed in about three hundred years; no running water, no electricity. There were five of us male travelers there. We set up a barber shop on the parade grounds and we shaved one another, lathering with my Old Spice soap and off-the-shelf badger. My girlfriend gave haircuts.

Buzz
Lathermaster

Post by Lathermaster »

I enjoy lathering up a man's face.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Just a passing thought: the term "slave castle" seems to be a non-sequitur? I looked it up, and now I understand the situation. After 600 years, all the more revolting.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
M6Classic
Location: Not as near Colonial Drug as when they were at Harvard Square, but near enough.

Post by M6Classic »

Fort might have been more appropriate than castle, especially as it served as a British garrison for the slave trade. For reasons I no longer remember...this was about fifty years ago...the residents of Dixcove referred to it as "the castle."
Bobwhite

Post by Bobwhite »

Yes, A friend of mine was in extreme pain and couldn't shave himself. I started out with horse clippers, then moved to a Henry's razor. The mistake I made was that I pulled too slow, trying not to hurt him. Actually pulling faster was far less painful and efficient.