Old cookbook

Share recipes and tips, or memorable restaurant experiences here.
brothers

Old cookbook

Post by brothers »

This morning I made an impulse buy at the local flea market. A cookbook from 1927 loaded with hundreds of old recipes. Looks interesting. I'm sure I can pick out a few dishes to make.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
ShadowsDad

Re: Old cookbook

Post by ShadowsDad »

Cool! I find them interesting.

Gary, if you cursor down you'll see a place where one can get oodles of free old time cookbooks. They don't take up anything more than storage space in the computer.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
brothers

Post by brothers »

Thanks!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
John Rose

Post by John Rose »

The best ones are those community fund-raiser cookbooks, published by church groups and whatnot. Typically not too challenging, and many family-tested comfort food recipes.
My wife made some tea biscuits when we had my mother over for dinner one time, and she said they were just like the biscuits she made.
As a matter of fact, it was the very same recipe that she had donated to the book published by the "Grand Lake Fire Department Ladies Auxiliary", titled Serving Our Best.

Also lots of old cookbooks to be found at https://archive.org/details/fav-ehkvd .
"If this isn't nice, then what is?" - Kurt Vonnegut's Uncle Alex