Coconut Bread Pudding

Share recipes and tips, or memorable restaurant experiences here.
churchilllafemme

Coconut Bread Pudding

Post by churchilllafemme »

After our Christmas dinner, I made some coconut bread pudding. We'll have it in a little while with caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream, while we watch the library DVD of the Downton Abbey movie.
_______
John
CMur12

Re: Coconut Bread Pudding

Post by CMur12 »

John, I love bread pudding (most any pudding or custard, for that matter), but I'm not sure about the coconut. :x

(I remember my father insisting that one doesn't love food.
We asked, "Then how do you say it?"
He replied, "You say, 'I like it very much.'"
We responded, "But I just love it!"
I'm still conflicted about it to this day.)

- Murray
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Looks lovely! And, I'd say, technically, that's a bread and butter pudding rather than a bread pudding. For those who aren't sure, a bread and butter pudding is soft and wet, with the bread suspended in generous amounts of egg custard, whereas a bread pudding is like a reconstituted bread - firm, maybe even a bit dry, it can be sliced and eaten in the hand.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
brothers

Post by brothers »

CMur12 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:31 am John, I love bread pudding (most any pudding or custard, for that matter), but I'm not sure about the coconut. :x

(I remember my father insisting that one doesn't love food.
We asked, "Then how do you say it?"
He replied, "You say, 'I like it very much.'"
We responded, "But I just love it!"
I'm still conflicted about it to this day.)

- Murray
Murray, I recall one day in junior high English class, the teacher explained the same thing to the class one day, when one of the boys in the back held up his hand and said (exactly what I was also thinking about cherry pie at that moment) "But teacher, I LOVE pie!"
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444