Mardi Gras party

Share recipes and tips, or memorable restaurant experiences here.
brothers

Mardi Gras party

Post by brothers »

It was 3 days before the big party in New Orleans for Fat Tuesday (always 46 days before Easter), and yesterday my wife gave a party for friends and relatives. Turned out great. Eighteen of 20 invitees came, and she and I had prepared chicken and sausage gumbo, shrimp etouffee, and Cajun chicken pasta. Another couple brought red beans and rice. We ordered two King Cakes from the local bakery for the occasion. A good time was had by all. We made a large vat of Hurricanes (origin - New Orleans). We had wine, and I had prepared a large cooler filled with beer and etc., but everyone pretty much concentrated on the Hurricane.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Rufus

Re: Mardi Gras party

Post by Rufus »

Hurricanes = Pat O’Brien’s = major hangover :-B =D>
Bryan
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

brothers wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:53 pm Ishe and I had prepared chicken and sausage gumbo, shrimp etouffee, and Cajun chicken pasta. Another couple brought red beans and rice. We ordered two King Cakes from the local bakery for the occasion.
What, no mudbugs? :mrgreen:
Bryan
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

I went to a Mardi Gras parade once. Had a Pat O’Briens hurricane. Great price actually. Parade started late and wife asked me to go get refills. Because it was a longer walk I decided to go to a bar much closer. Bad call. Tasted nothing like the Pat O’s. There are reasons why places are known for a certain product. Just like no one goes to the place across the plaza from Cafe Dumond for beignets
brothers

Post by brothers »

Rufus wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:29 pm
brothers wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:53 pm Ishe and I had prepared chicken and sausage gumbo, shrimp etouffee, and Cajun chicken pasta. Another couple brought red beans and rice. We ordered two King Cakes from the local bakery for the occasion.
What, no mudbugs? :mrgreen:

Crawfish are my favorites for sure. As a matter of fact she and I agreed this afternoon that I should make a crawfish etouffee in the near future. Makes me hungry thinking about it!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

Sam wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:49 pm I went to a Mardi Gras parade once. Had a Pat O’Briens hurricane. Great price actually. Parade started late and wife asked me to go get refills. Because it was a longer walk I decided to go to a bar much closer. Bad call. Tasted nothing like the Pat O’s. There are reasons why places are known for a certain product. Just like no one goes to the place across the plaza from Cafe Dumond for beignets
Sam, that's right! I wish I was there at CD right now.
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Gary, whats my tracking number for leftovers????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

Woops! Maybe next time! :D
Gary