Milk Street Recipes ...?

Share recipes and tips, or memorable restaurant experiences here.
dosco

Milk Street Recipes ...?

Post by dosco »

I was on a business trip in February, and was up quite early one morning getting ready for the day ... turned on PBS and "Milk Street TV" was on.

It was interesting and compelling. I visited the website and downloaded the free PDF with 10-something recipes therein. Of note, the website has many/most/all(?) the TV episodes in streaming format, so I've watched a few and jotted down the recipes.

I've made 3 of the soup recipes, and made the tahini-cauliflower recipe.

All have been quite simple (low ingredient count and simple prep), reasonably fast to prepare, and tasty. The soon-to-be-ex-wife, who is notoriously finicky/picky, has enjoyed all of the recipes I've tried (she is a super taster, which makes cooking a bit of a challenge).

Anyone else here try the Milk Street recipes? Thoughts?

-Dave
brothers

Re: Milk Street Recipes ...?

Post by brothers »

I will make a point to look it up and watch. Sounds interesting. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Yes, I’ve tried several recipes and they’ve been successful. I’m a big fan of Chris Kimball, the force behind Milk Street, and loved his previous cooking programmes, America’s Test Kitchen and Cooks Country, which he founded. I’ve they’re greatly diminished since he left so I was most pleased when he started Milk Street. I find his recipes comprehensive, easy to follow and work well. What I find particularly interesting are his explanations of why a recipe works.
Bryan
dosco

Post by dosco »

I've tried several of his soup recipes, as well as the "steamed chocolate cake" and tahini roasted cauliflower.

I've enjoyed them all, as has my wife.

One of these days I'll be trying a meat dish.

-Dave
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

as if im not already eating enough....Ill have to check these out...thanks

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

"I've always imagined he's a wetshaver, too"

7 thumbs up to that idea

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

When I find myself watching the show I will try to imagine the gent as a devotee of wet shaving. Interesting angle.🤔
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Gonna try this guy. I get a lot of Tyler Florence recipes off the Food Network. I make a mean chicken piccata. Want to try a prime rib recipe. And a light cheesecake and a key lime pie.
dosco

Post by dosco »

Sam:
Would be interested in your results.

The recipes I've tried have turned out well, and were reasonably simple and fast.

Cheers-
Dave