Free AOS tallow shaving

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
brothers

Free AOS tallow shaving

Post by brothers »

This is a duplicate post. Yesterday's soap was a trip back to the old school shaving soap - i.e.: AOS tallow based sandalwood soap. Too bad the smell of this soap is powerfully repulsive to me, and whenever I decide to use it I am amazed at the excellent performance of the lather. I suppose that's why I haven't just thrown it away already. This putrid puck has provided 39 repulsive smelling shaves. I'm known to be a bit impulsive when it comes to such innocuous things. I'd rather give it away if anyone ever decides to take it off my hands. I'd happily pay full postage and send it to someone. If I can't give it away, I'll probably just throw it away next time I think about it. =D> Please take it off my hands! Cheers!
PS: If I haven't received any response by June 10th, it'll be at the bottom of the trash bin.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Re: Free AOS tallow shaving

Post by Sam »

I’ll take it. Out of shave soap and was looking around. Loved the aos sandalwood when I had it but it was a cream. Have not had a sandalwood cream in like ten years. Loaded up on lavender and then Trumper limes and rose creams
brothers

Post by brothers »

Sounds good Sam! PM me the address. 👍
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
woodsrider

Post by woodsrider »

I have several pucks of both the AoS sandalwood and lavender soap. The lavender fragrance isn't great, but I like it better than the sandalwood. There is something about the sandalwood that is off-putting to me - kind of a sweet, disinfectant smell. Performance is top notch, but I usually opt for the lavender over sandalwood when going for AoS.
Lynn
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

I have used the art of shaving sandalwood puck that was paid forward in this thread, and I appreciate it. I just loaded it on top of another nondescript shaving soap I had in a mug. It lathers very well and the smell is as I remember it. Kind of reminds me of Trumper is in a way.
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

The smell on this soap is alright by me. Just as I remember using sandalwood soaps and creams, though there was at least a five to seven year hiatus for me. Lathers wonderfully - better than the artisan soap I was gifted by a daughter that happened to work at a place that did 'natural' soaps, lotions, etc.
Gene

Post by Gene »

AoS sandalwood creams are one of my favorite scents. The soap, to me, still has the same scent, but it also has something else underneath ... maybe the clay? Great performer, just a bit off, to me.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Yes, there is a definite bentonite blunting of the scent in those old AoS soaps, but I rather like it.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace