Noxzema - it's been too long, my friend

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
rsp1202

Re: Noxzema - it's been too long, my friend

Post by rsp1202 »

I just got through with a late shave using the original as a brushless cream and aftershave, and my lips are still tingling. It feels like there's a ton of cream leftover on my face even after a thorough rinse. I'm still cleaning clumps of it off the bathroom counter and mirror; there was cream flying every which way. But it produced lots of slick, flat lather for a quick, no-nonsense shave.

I like the all-in-one concept here, and there's no denying this will soothe the fires of hell, but in no way can this be non-comedogenic, and I'll have to wait and see how things progress during the evening before I even consider using it on-face again. But, man! what a ride.
Ron
brothers

Post by brothers »

It does have its own personality, for sure.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

It's all gone now. I might replace it in the future, but for now I still have tons of others at hand that are worthy of daily use.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

Just for the record, this tub yielded 36 great shaves.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

This morning I decided to skip my normal soap that requires a brush to apply. Used the Noxzema Classic Clean original deep cleansing cream with a specific objective in mind: if I use a great razor do I also need to use an old-fashioned traditional classic soap and brush in order to make the razor work to its full advantage? Definitely not necessary. Noxzema is slick slick slick and all it needs to be refreshed is a quick splash of water. The razor (The General SE from Colonial Razor) does what it does. The shave is a product of a competent razor/blade and a competent slick cream. Soap/brush works but so does Noxzema brushless. Not a problem.
Gary

CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

I never remember this when I'm at the store, Gary. Some day I'm going to have to pick up some Noxzema and give it a try.

- Murray
Tucker

Post by Tucker »

Gary, it looks like the pic links in this thread are no longer working. Just so I understand, are you using Cleansing Cream as Shaving Cream?
brothers

Post by brothers »

Tucker wrote:Gary, it looks like the pic links in this thread are no longer working. Just so I understand, are you using Cleansing Cream as Shaving Cream?
Yes, that's correct. Here's the photo of the Noxzema:
Noxzema 2017.jpg
Noxzema 2017.jpg (241.2 KiB) Viewed 6310 times
Gary

Tucker

Post by Tucker »

Interesting, I'll have to try that. Thanks for clarifying!
brothers

Post by brothers »

Did it again this morning with very satisfying results. Noxzema Face Cream and shave number 3 on the Schick Slim II cartridge. Close and smooth.
Gary

Rufus

Post by Rufus »

In the words of my late father, “miracle cream”. Good for shaving and whatever else ails you.
Bryan
brothers

Post by brothers »

Rufus wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:07 am In the words of my late father, “miracle cream”. Good for shaving and whatever else ails you.
Yes sir! I couldn't agree more. Easy to use for shaving and good for the skin.
Gary

magoo

Post by magoo »

Dumb question. I once read that if you used the NoxzemavSkin cream you should wash your face with hot water and soap dry it off and apply the Noxzema is that the way you all use it or do you leave your face wet and rub some of the cream on
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

magoo wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:27 pm Dumb question. I once read that if you used the NoxzemavSkin cream you should wash your face with hot water and soap dry it off and apply the Noxzema is that the way you all use it or do you leave your face wet and rub some of the cream on
I leave my face wet and apply the cream. I use just enough to leave a light film.
Bryan
brothers

Post by brothers »

Rufus wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:47 am
magoo wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:27 pm Dumb question. I once read that if you used the NoxzemavSkin cream you should wash your face with hot water and soap dry it off and apply the Noxzema is that the way you all use it or do you leave your face wet and rub some of the cream on
I leave my face wet and apply the cream. I use just enough to leave a light film.
Same here, but I'm not too stingy with it. :D
Gary

magoo

Post by magoo »

MANY THANKS 😁😁
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Was inspired to use Noxzema this morning and it was very satisfying. It's nice to revisit this every now and then to enjoy and remember.

Chris