Le Pere Lucien OUD-Santal

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Le Pere Lucien OUD-Santal

Post by fallingwickets »

Phil of bullgoose fame has a new addition to his store;

https://bullgooseshaving.com/collection ... ed-edition

Being weak and easily convinced, I bought a jar :D :D Looking very forward to seeing if it is as good as advertised and will report back with comments once it arrives; hopefully before the end of the week.

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Re: Le Pere Lucien OUD-Santal

Post by fallingwickets »

Soap comes in a really nice wide tin which is a help if you are using a large brush. i am ambivalent on the scent...my partner thought it was 'old lady'ish' and wasnt impressed ( no kisses for you!!! :D ).

I thought that for my lathering preference: A. dry and B. effortless, the soap fails on the effortless part. You really have to 'work' to get the lather you want. I also felt a little bit of a burning sensation from the soap, although there was no residual effect.

The good news is that the lather offers a really nice cushion/glide and maybe more importantly leaves the skin feeling really soft.

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

Clive, thanks for the very informative review. If I was on the fence, I am no longer in that position!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
eieigoto

Post by eieigoto »

leaves the skin feeling really soft.
genting princess
Bill_K

Post by Bill_K »

I bought a tin about a month ago and I've enjoyed it immensely. It has a great scent (IMO of course) and provides a good lather if you do face lathering (bowl lathering was 'meh'). The face feel is pretty good as well.

At $44CDN per tin it seems expensive, but as it comes in a 7 oz container it's pretty reasonable on a dollars-per-ounce basis. Once this runs out I'll definitely buy another.
Bill