Nivea Moisturizing Shaving Cream in tubes - where did it go?

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
John Rose

Nivea Moisturizing Shaving Cream in tubes - where did it go?

Post by John Rose »

Has it been discontinued?
Not the "Sensitive Skin" variety in the white tube, but this stuff:
(I think the full name is properly "Nivea Men Protect & Care Moisturizing Shaving Cream", but who's got time for all that?)

I used to see it everywhere in brick & mortar stores, now I can't find any. It disappeared off the shelves at around the same time that Gillette "Pure" and Bulldog products showed up.
Instead, the remaining Nivea products are gels in a can.

I thought the cream was "okay" in performance, and "meh" in scent, but then I discovered (perhaps too late) that it makes a great additive to Proraso Green, Proraso White, and Wilkinson Sword ("blue bowl") soaps. Arko too, if I recall correctly,
It generally makes them slicker, but the best improvement is in the hybrid scent.

It is an essential component of my "Blue Monday" blend.
"If this isn't nice, then what is?" - Kurt Vonnegut's Uncle Alex
Brutus

Re: Nivea Moisturizing Shaving Cream in tubes - where did it go?

Post by Brutus »

Can’t find it on the Shopper’s website, but that is more a function of their poor website design than anything else. #-o

London Drugs out West and Loblaws in the East still list the blue Nivea Protect & Care shaving cream and the Canadian Nivea website shows it as well.

So it still seems to be available in Canada.

B.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell
John Rose

Post by John Rose »

Brutus wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:15 pm... and Loblaws in the East still list the blue Nivea Protect & Care shaving cream and the Canadian Nivea website shows it as well.
It was absent from the local Superstore (owned by Loblaws) the last time I checked. It could be a failure to update the Loblaws site too.

I might just try the "Sensitive Skin" flavour instead. They claim it is "enriched with Chamomile". With any luck it may even have some chamomile scent, which I like.
In the meantime, I can use some Kaloderma for my Blue Monday theme.
John Rose

Post by John Rose »

Woo-hoo!
I went to Atlantic Superstore (Loblaws) looking for Sapporo Ichi Ban "Original" flavour ramen yesterday, and found this:

They did not have it on earlier visits.

It appears to be a new formula, now with Aloe Vera.
I would have a hard time distinguishing it from the earlier version.
So, yay! \:D/