Wiped shave soap and shave stick, please help.

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
jbcohen

Wiped shave soap and shave stick, please help.

Post by jbcohen »

Please help, a friend of mine and I have been talking about trying out an Arko Shave stick and some wiped shave soap. I have no idea how to use a shave stick, and as for the wiped, what is a wiped shave soap? Is it like shave cream? How do I use a tub of the wiped?
brothers

Re: Wiped shave soap and shave stick, please help.

Post by brothers »

The context of the word - wiped - seems abnormal. Since you and your friend are discussing it, why not just figure out the source of that information and inquire. Could it be "whipped" instead of wiped? I have seen some ebay listings for shaving products that are whipped, in describing something with the consistency of canned shaving cream, sold in open jars instead of pressurized shaving cream which we all find on the shelves of supermarkets or pharmacies. This is all I can think of regarding your inquiry.
Last edited by brothers on Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Maybe 'whipped'?
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

"Whipped" also seems to me to be the most likely word.

As for using a shave stick, I rub the stick on my face and then use a brush to make the lather on my skin. I can't think of a simpler method. If the stick is wrapped in foil, unwrap an inch or so at the top.