What do you shave with

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!

What do you shave with

Poll ended at Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:52 pm

1) Soap
50%
2) Cream
38%
3) Stick
13%

Total votes: 8

jbcohen

What do you shave with

Post by jbcohen »

Ok, I am taking a poll:
CMur12

Re: What do you shave with

Post by CMur12 »

I shave with soaps only, whether hard soap or soft soap.

I do sometimes grate up a Valobra Shave Stick and mash it into a suitable bowl, for use as a puck.

- Murray
John Rose

Post by John Rose »

You may select 1 option
There's yer problem. #-o
1) Soap
2) Cream
3) Stick
The answer is "Yes".
Also croaps.
That being said, most of my shaves are with creams, or cream&soap superlathers, but Mitchell's Wool Fat soap may soon become my favourite.

I don't know if you can change it at this point, but in the "Poll creation" form there is an "Options per user:" box, and it says "This is the number of options each user may select when voting".
"If this isn't nice, then what is?" - Kurt Vonnegut's Uncle Alex
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

All of the above at one time or another. I use cream mostly, but I do have 2 soaps I’ll use when I’m feeling the need for a change. When I travel I only use a stick: either a Harris Lavender or a Tabac.
Bryan
blantyre

Post by blantyre »

About evenly split soap and creams. Both have their merits. I don’t like sticks much, I probably don’t know how to use them properly but they always seem to make an awful mess.
Rick
brothers

Post by brothers »

I use soaps mostly, but I have several creams and sticks that I also use. I spent my single vote for sticks because the sticks didn't have any votes, and now they've got at least one!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
JarmoP

Post by JarmoP »

I use soaps mostly. My way is to put just a slice of it in a bowl, not the whole puck. This way I can get some of the bowl lather results while same time continuing build real lather on my face.
And what lather gets built in the my bowl, it is ready for my next shave somewhat, so I don't rinse my bowl after.

The stick is really a working one for travel and all I would take with a small badger brush. Badger is better than a boar hair in less containing water after shave.

I have less experience with creams. Proraso green felt like opening a toothpaste and too cold for my climate in general.
Crops neither I don't have experience.

That is why I'm unable to vote. I have also liked some "canned goo" shave stuff to be honest, in a rush.
Jarmo