How are Trumper's/T&F creams nowadays?

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
avid_shaver

How are Trumper's/T&F creams nowadays?

Post by avid_shaver »

I know the Trumper's range of soaps is unusable these days, but how do their(and T&F) creams perform against the likes of Taylor's etc? The latest batch of Taylor's creams I have purchased have been excellent and I have been using Taylor's since 2007 where they had been reformulated multiple times back then. Curious to hear about the current state of Trumper and T&F creams. How do they compare to the creams from ten+ years ago for anyone who had used them?
Rufus

Re: How are Trumper's/T&F creams nowadays?

Post by Rufus »

I’ve been using a Trumper and TOBS creams for as long as I can remember; 72. Occasionally I’ll wander off and try different brands, but I always end up going back to Trumper and TOBS. I’ve not noticed any difference, good or bad, in the performance of their creams over the years. I’ve not tried all the flavours they make, however, and I stay with Trumper GFT and Rose and TOBS Rose, Lavender and Avocado; they work very well for me and I like their scents. The only other cream I’ve that can compete with them in terms of price, quality and performance is Body Shop Maca Root.
Bryan
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Welcome to SMF, avid_shaver!

(Unfortunately, I am exclusively a soap user, so I can't respond to your question.)

- Murray
avid_shaver

Post by avid_shaver »

CMur12 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:24 pm Welcome to SMF, avid_shaver!

(Unfortunately, I am exclusively a soap user, so I can't respond to your question.)

- Murray
Thanks Murray, I had an account on here from 2007 but it seems to have disappeared! I was around when the whole 'reformulation' for creams and move away from Tallow for soaps at the time. Here is a comparison picture I saved from around that time showing how Taylor's Rose used to look like:

I originally started with Taylor's Rose in 2007 and used up the tub a few years later. I recently purchased a new tub of Taylor's Rose and was floored by the performance.
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

In that case, we're glad to have you back.

- Murray
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

floored in a good way i hope? :)

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

Seems that I've moved away from T&F and GFT creams for no specific reason. However, I have a number of Taylors and Art of Shaving creams that work as well as any. My choices are Sandalwood, Peppermint, Cedarwood, and an old tub of AOS Rose.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
avid_shaver

Post by avid_shaver »

fallingwickets wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:04 am floored in a good way i hope? :)

clive
In a good way :D