Cella Extra Extra Bio Shaving Soap

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Brutus

Re: Cella Extra Extra Bio Shaving Soap

Post by Brutus »

Thank you for your notes, Tim.
I too had noticed the new Cella soap in the characteristic 150 ml turquoise tub and am curious to try it.
Like you, I do not usually associate olive oil with a good lather and it’s good to know that in this case olive oil does not seem to negatively affect the shave.

It will be a while before I get to try this soap though, as we are about to move, most of my shaving gear is already packed away, and the last thing I need right now is another tub of shaving soap to carry in my suitcase, and the local shaving (cream, soap and aftershave) scene at our destination is just too tempting to get sidetracked with Italian products right now. 8)

B.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell
fisherc

Post by fisherc »

Parfum? I've seen the shave soap/cream in tube and tub as well as the A/S but not a Parfum. Do you have a link for the Parfum Tim?
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Thanks for the review, Tim.

I like Cella shave soap and, from your description, this sounds like another good product.

What slows me down, however, is that this soap appears to be fragranced (FO) rather than scented (EO), which would rule it out for me.

- Murray
fisherc

Post by fisherc »

Thanks for clarifying Tim.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Tim, thanks for the info. Cella's soaps are highly regarded. It seems the scent of the original is polarizing. Some love it, but others deem it retched/nauseating. No reflection on the Bio version of course, but still . . . .
I haven't had generally acceptable olfactory experiences with FO scented products (Exceptions: Strop Shoppe/Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet/Tabac). It turns out that EO scented soaps and creams have been my more likely first choices.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444