Intensity of Scent - Castle Forbes and Truefitt & Hill CREAMS

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
slackskin

Intensity of Scent - Castle Forbes and Truefitt & Hill CREAMS

Post by slackskin »

Due to respiratory issues, I need to use products that are unscented or scented very weakly. Which creams from Castle Forbes and Truefitt & Hill do you consider the least potently scented? Thanks in advance for your feedback.
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: Intensity of Scent - Castle Forbes and Truefitt & Hill CREAMS

Post by drmoss_ca »

CF scents were pretty strong in the days when I had them (I had the lime and the cedarwood & sandalwood). T&H make an unscented 'Ultimate Comfort' cream, but it does have some lavender oil in it. Whether it is like their other creams or something different and modern I don't know. You might also look at Nancy Boy creams, which have muted scents - especially the cucumber if it is still made.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
brothers

Post by brothers »

You only mention two brands, but I would recommend that you get a sample (if there is such a thing) of Art Of Shaving Unscented shaving cream. The AOS creams are well known for their great performance.

The now-discontinued (I think) XPEC unscented. It was completely void of any fragrance and was well worth what it cost.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Barry

Post by Barry »

The Truefitt & Hill Almond Shave Cream is discontinued too. I picked up a few tubs of it because I like the scent.
LostInCincy

Post by LostInCincy »

Sad to hear that. T&H has one of the closest Almond scents to D.R. Harris that I’ve tried. For a period of time, Harris creams were rather poor, leaving T&H as the replacement. Thankfully that isn’t the case anymore.
Dan