Klar Kabinet vs. Klar Seifen Shaving Soap

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Shave4Fun

Klar Kabinet vs. Klar Seifen Shaving Soap

Post by Shave4Fun »

As some here know, a few years back we could buy Klar Cabinet shaving soap in a large bar. it was well-loved by many but is no longer available.
I found Klar Seifen Sport Shaving Soap on Ebay. I'm wondering if it is made by the same company or even if it might be about the same as the Klar Kabinet.
Does anyone know?
Thanks.
Roger
Roger

I've been a wet shaver for 56 years! 8)
EL Alamein

Re: Klar Kabinet vs. Klar Seifen Shaving Soap

Post by EL Alamein »

Roger,

I believe they are both made by the same company and essentially the same soap just scented differently.

I do have the old Klar Kabinett but never tried the sport.

Looking at online sources the ingredients are night identical. The only difference seems to be the scent.

Hope that helps.

Chris
Shave4Fun

Post by Shave4Fun »

EL Alamein wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:20 pm Roger,

I believe they are both made by the same company and essentially the same soap just scented differently.

I do have the old Klar Kabinett but never tried the sport.

Looking at online sources the ingredients are night identical. The only difference seems to be the scent.

Hope that helps.

Chris
Most helpful, thanks!
Roger

drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

I bought all the Klar soaps a few years back when I fell in love with the rose scented Klar Kabinett. I don't find the round pucks in tins behave like the big block of rose. I have Sport, Sandalwood, Ginger-Lotus and Citrus-Leather. All are now in wooden bowls on the shelves of shame, so I don't have the tins to check ingredients against my remaining 1.5kilos of the Rose. I think I shall use the rose today, so thank you for the suggestion!
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Shave4Fun

Post by Shave4Fun »

drmoss_ca wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:16 am I bought all the Klar soaps a few years back when I fell in love with the rose scented Klar Kabinett. I don't find the round pucks in tins behave like the big block of rose. I have Sport, Sandalwood, Ginger-Lotus and Citrus-Leather. All are now in wooden bowls on the shelves of shame, so I don't have the tins to check ingredients against my remaining 1.5kilos of the Rose. I think I shall use the rose today, so thank you for the suggestion!
Thanks for the review. I don't have any of the old block left. But I sure enjoyed it while it lasted!

Regards,
Roger

drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

I have since used the original rose, the sandelholz, and the ginger & lotus. I don't think the modern ones are quite up to the old rose, but they are decent soaps in their own right. I'll use the citrus & leather and the sport over the next couple of days.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace