AOS Ocean Kelp Cream

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
EL Alamein

AOS Ocean Kelp Cream

Post by EL Alamein »

Recently made a trip to the local Homegoods/Marshalls around here and picked up the Art of Shaving's Ocean Kelp shaving cream and gave it a whirl.

I have to say I am very pleased with the performance of this cream. It whipped up a thick protective and slick lather that worked very well to provide a close comfortable shave.

Normally I wouldn't have considered this cream as I don't consider them to perform quite as good as the top shelf English creams but the price was too good to pass up and the scent is more like a light lemon not anything oceanic.

As most know if something like this ends up at Marshalls and the like it's old stock being liquidated and I think that's the case here since this particular cream seems discontinued on the AOS website. Also the cream is a tad dehydrated but not completely and that may contribute somewhat to the performance - guessing it's slightly concentrated thus perhaps using more when swirling the brush on it.

Anyway, a very nice experience with this cream and worth checking out if you like lemon scented creams.

Chris