Soap ID please

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Soap ID please

Post by fallingwickets »

was cruising through my pseudo DrP shelf and found this: https://ibb.co/bWbmz2K.

Any idea what it is?

thanks
clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Re: Soap ID please

Post by TRBeck »

It almost looks like it says "I" and "K" on either side of the logo. I've never seen that exact logo on an Institut Karite soap, but it's the right bright white hue. What's the scent like?
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

I think the putative I and K are mirror images of each other, and thus more like a ribband behind the logo. IK soaps have this:

If you turn the image you posted, Clive, 90º clockwise, it almost looks like someone getting a hug. I don't recognise it.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Chris, right, I've never seen that logo on an IK soap. Just the only thing I could sorta tell from squinting. I think you're right about rotating the image. I don't remember seeing it on any other soaps.
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

It's Gold Dachs. Wonderful lathering soap and a nice scent to it.

Chris
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Well done, Chris!

Here it is:

Looks like the image is of a badger. So much for my pareidolia!
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

thanks a million for your help...the mystery deepens: I have never knowingly bought this soap :( :shock: :( :shock:

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Clive, I seem to remember some speculation on one of the boards that Golddachs made or makes Fendrihan's own-brand hard soaps. I don't know if that's accurate, but the soaps do state that they are made in Germany. Did you ever pick up any Fendrihan's branded soap?
Regards,
Tim

drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

fallingwickets wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:59 am thanks a million for your help...the mystery deepens: I have never knowingly bought this soap :( :shock: :( :shock:

clive
It's surprising what you can buy during an alcoholic blackout!
Pierre-Simon de Laplace