Video : how to lather a triple milled soap

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Teiste

Video : how to lather a triple milled soap

Post by Teiste »

I want to show you how I lather with a triple milled shaving soap.

I'm going to be using two very famous UK made shaving soaps : the Geo F Trumper Rose and Almond ones

I got both of them at Bullgoose Shaving for a crazy price (flash sale) : https://bullgooseshaving.com/collections/geo-f-trumper

The Rose one has the Pottasium Palmate as first ingredient and the Almond has the Sodium Palmate as first ingredient.

Will they lather ? You bet they will ! There's only one secret : to load the brush with the soap like there's no tomorrow.
adhoc

Re: Video : how to lather a triple milled soap

Post by adhoc »

Nice video, makes me want to give the none-tallow soaps from Trumper another try, haven't had any luck with them yet.
Olle
slackskin

Post by slackskin »

Maybe it's our hard water, but I have never had success that way. I rub the puck on my wet stubble, as if a shave stick, and it works better for me.
Teiste

Post by Teiste »

adhoc wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:54 pm Nice video, makes me want to give the none-tallow soaps from Trumper another try, haven't had any luck with them yet.
Which ones did you try ?
Teiste

Post by Teiste »

slackskin wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:14 pm Maybe it's our hard water, but I have never had success that way. I rub the puck on my wet stubble, as if a shave stick, and it works better for me.
What soap formulation do you have ?
adhoc

Post by adhoc »

Teiste wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:39 pm
adhoc wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:54 pm Nice video, makes me want to give the none-tallow soaps from Trumper another try, haven't had any luck with them yet.
Which ones did you try ?
The very recent stuff, I have some tallow pucks as well.
Olle
Teiste

Post by Teiste »

adhoc wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:21 am
Teiste wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:39 pm
Which ones did you try ?
The very recent stuff, I have some tallow pucks as well.
The tallow was nothing less than SUPERB

Could you post the ingredients list on your current soaps , please ?
slackskin

Post by slackskin »

@ Tieste -

You asked which formulation I have. I use D R Harris tallow-based pucks. Usually almond, lavender or Windsor. SWMBO does not like the smell of Arlington and Marlborough. Due to her respiratory issues, I don't want to cause her any discomfort.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Teiste, thanks for making and posting the video. The results you've shown are impressive, even though it was the result of a lot of work on your part to make the lather that you made. I haven't purchased any more of the non-tallow Trumper soaps since I was so disappointed initially by the reformulation. Trumpers soaps are a bit pricey, which makes me reluctant to buy it again until such time that Trumper might improve their product. Trumper could easily turn things around by following the example recently established by Salter's and D.R. Harris with their new and improved formulation. I'm not sure the powers-that-be at GFT really care about the customers as much as they should.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Haln

Post by Haln »

Nice video!
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Welcome to SMF, Haln!

- Murray
Teiste

Post by Teiste »

brothers wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:42 am Teiste, thanks for making and posting the video. The results you've shown are impressive, even though it was the result of a lot of work on your part to make the lather that you made. I haven't purchased any more of the non-tallow Trumper soaps since I was so disappointed initially by the reformulation. Trumpers soaps are a bit pricey, which makes me reluctant to buy it again until such time that Trumper might improve their product. Trumper could easily turn things around by following the example recently established by Salter's and D.R. Harris with their new and improved formulation. I'm not sure the powers-that-be at GFT really care about the customers as much as they should.
My friend , I do agreed with you.The current Trumpers soaps aren't as good as they used to be and they refuse to listen to customers complaints about them.

Quite sad but we have plenty of new refomulated soaps from UK like Floris , Arran , Cyril Salter , D.R. Harris , Capt Fawcett and others which are excellent performers.
Teiste

Post by Teiste »

Haln wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:47 pmNice video!
Thank you , my friend !
Teiste

Post by Teiste »

slackskin wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:50 pm @ Tieste -

You asked which formulation I have. I use D R Harris tallow-based pucks. Usually almond, lavender or Windsor. SWMBO does not like the smell of Arlington and Marlborough. Due to her respiratory issues, I don't want to cause her any discomfort.
Do you find if the Lavender has any smell at all ? I was disappointed many years ago when I got it and I was expecting a lavender soap which smells like the old TOBS lavender soap or even the T&H.But no , no scent at all.

The Almond had such a great scent , better than the cream.I don't know if they have changed its scent too.