Barbasol Cream

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
dosco

Barbasol Cream

Post by dosco »

Gents:
Long time no talk, have been busy with new job and life.

Was at the local Wegmans and saw a squeeze tube of "Barbasol 1919 Classic Shaving Cream." I couldn't resist.

It doesn't face lather well, especially compared to Proraso ... however if one simply rubs it in, the glide seems very nice. The scent is, for me, also quite enjoyable.

Anyone else try it?

Best-
Dave
brothers

Re: Barbasol Cream

Post by brothers »

Dave, it's great to see your latest post! I've not tried the new Barbasol brushless shaving cream but I did check it out on their website. I'll definitely buy myself a tube whenever I spot it in my local stores. It'll go next to the old fashioned Noxzema face cream I use for shaving every so often. Thanks for the heads -up!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Welcome back, Dave.

I had a similar experience myself. I also picked up a tube at the local Wegman's just to give it a try.

I found the performance the same as you. Brushing didn't really benefit the lather but it had nice slickness.

The scent, unfortunately, is not my cup of tea but I think most people might enjoy it.

It's citrus type scent, if I recall but not a straight citrus. There's something else going on as well which gives it a character of it's own.

Anyway, I think most men would like the performance of this stuff. Use it in good health.

Chris
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

no comment on the cream, but nice to see you out and about :D

clive
p.s. no wegmans here anyway....crime of the century!!
de gustibus non est disputandum
dosco

Post by dosco »

Thanks for the kind words, gents.

I may have been away, but I have not forgotten. I think of y'all every time I load a fresh DE blade in one of my razors. And when I use the shave soap I made (all those years ago).

Hope you all have been well!

Best-
Dave
dosco

Post by dosco »

fallingwickets wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:49 am no comment on the cream, but nice to see you out and about :D

clive
p.s. no wegmans here anyway....crime of the century!!
Clive:
Wegmans also sells Proraso.

They must have a wetshaver on the staff ....!

Best-
Dave
dosco

Post by dosco »

I've continued to use the Barbasol cream, and have been pelased to see its continued availability.

Since 2020 I've moved to Annapolis, MD, and have found a new barber. He does a good job, however the neck shave leaves something to be desired (in terms of lather).

I've been a regular with him for maybe 1-and-1/2 years, and I always tip him generously. We've become pretty freindly, which is always nice with someone who holds sharp objects against one's head and neck.

I gave him a tube of the Barbasol ... not sure what he thought about it. A few cuts back, he ran out of hot lather and I immediately suggested using the tube of Barbasol I'd given him. Worked a treat!

Life, she is interesting on occasion.

Best-
Dave