DR Harris shaving soaps

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
brothers

DR Harris shaving soaps

Post by brothers »

I am looking for some information about DRHarris shaving soap. Would it be safe to say that all of the currently sold shaving soaps from Harris are of the new most recent reformulation which has tallow listed first in the ingredients list? I am specifically interested in information on the Sandalwood and Lavender Harris soaps. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
nav

Re: DR Harris shaving soaps

Post by nav »

I purchased almond, sandalwood, lavender and Arlington a few months back from connaughts and they are all tallow first. I'm very happy!!
brothers

Post by brothers »

That's very good to know! 😊
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

Now that such iconic shaving soaps as Mitchell's Wool Fat and Tabac have kicked the tallow habit, I first wondered why. Why? What happened to cause such an unusually coincidentally timed event? Whose official business would dictate such an urgent mandate? All of this makes me wonder how "they" feel about our shaving soap champion D.R. Harris. Is Harris feeling the pressure to remove that substance from DRH soaps? Did Tabac and MWF have circumstances in common? Anything in common with DRH? What do I care? I've got all of the soaps and creams I'll ever need, so it doesn't affect me. Cheers!🙂
Gary

drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Tabac's supplier in Germany went out of business. I don't think that was anything to do with MWF. I shall have to alter my view of northerners now: no longer will they live in my imagination as eaters of tripe, training with large black puddings for the martial art of ecky thump, when they aren't down the pit or fancying their pigeons and whippets. They are now effete and decadent, and live on avocado toast.

C.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace