trumpers rose soap

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
gil3591

trumpers rose soap

Post by gil3591 »

well, after being disappointed a few years ago with trumpers rose shave soap i decided to give it another try. they should be ashamed to put their name on it. the stuff vanishes on my face before i can complete a pass. i have never shaved with such a poor product. and now i see they have changed "FINE" shave soaps also #-o
Gil
futur/EJ357/ gillette redtip
iridium ,blue IP
thater, shavemac.anchorset/tgn,sr3226
dirty bird
and a prayer
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: trumpers rose soap

Post by drmoss_ca »

Such a shame - the old stuff was good. Are all their soaps now made witht the new recipe introduced with the Eucris soap?

C.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
adhoc

Post by adhoc »

drmoss_ca wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:03 am Such a shame - the old stuff was good. Are all their soaps now made witht the new recipe introduced with the Eucris soap?

C.
I think so, the new soaps are garbage. I have a cake of the new stuff and some tallow cakes and the scent is different as well, it's sweeter than the old one, I definitely prefer the scent of the old ones.

Merry Christmas to everyone here by the way! It's no snow here in Stockholm, Sweden but I bet it's due to snow again very soon.
Olle
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

I tried their Rose soap not long ago; it was absolute rubbish. Their cream seems to be fine, however. But another retrogressive move is that they seem to be getting out of the business of aftershave splashes. :evil:
Bryan
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

first and foremost, soooooooooooooooooooo nice to see Gil out and about :D :D :D

secondly, I dont know what soaps you gents are using, but i"m switching between harris and trumpers and the trumpers rose gets 10 thumbs up. What a delight to use. As far as I know its the 'modern' version

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

I had a similar experience with Trumper's Sandalwood shaving soap. The scent did not even resemble what it used to be and the performance was downright dreck - exactly as Gill experienced. No matter how much soap you dug out with your brush the lather just completely dissipated within seconds. And like the Eucris shaving soap the dissipated lather on my face left a gummy residue which stuck to my blade. I had to physically wipe it off the blade because it would not rinse off with water.

I think they are killing off the quality of their soaps to deliberately kill off the line. Get people to switch to creams as they're more profitable.

Chris
adhoc

Post by adhoc »

EL Alamein wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:47 am I had a similar experience with Trumper's Sandalwood shaving soap. The scent did not even resemble what it used to be and the performance was downright dreck - exactly as Gill experienced. No matter how much soap you dug out with your brush the lather just completely dissipated within seconds. And like the Eucris shaving soap the dissipated lather on my face left a gummy residue which stuck to my blade. I had to physically wipe it off the blade because it would not rinse off with water.

I think they are killing off the quality of their soaps to deliberately kill off the line. Get people to switch to creams as they're more profitable.

Chris
If only we had a millionaire/billionaire (I don't know how much Trumper is worth) in the group, who could buy Trumper, re-tallow the soaps and release Fougena and all kinds of hairdressings! One can always dream... :wink:
Olle
brothers

Post by brothers »

adhoc wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:01 am
EL Alamein wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:47 am I had a similar experience with Trumper's Sandalwood shaving soap. The scent did not even resemble what it used to be and the performance was downright dreck - exactly as Gill experienced. No matter how much soap you dug out with your brush the lather just completely dissipated within seconds. And like the Eucris shaving soap the dissipated lather on my face left a gummy residue which stuck to my blade. I had to physically wipe it off the blade because it would not rinse off with water.

Chris
If only we had a millionaire/billionaire (I don't know how much Trumper is worth) in the group, who could buy Trumper, re-tallow the soaps and release Fougena and all kinds of hairdressings! One can always dream... :wink:
Already done it! It's called D.R. Harris! :D
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

bullgoose must be following this thread.....a blurb from one of his current offerings: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

This triple milled hard soap with a scent inspired by Myrurgia 1916 lathers easily and does not require blooming. The resultant lather is rich, creamy, slick and moisturizing. Most importantly, the lather does not dissipate quickly like a lot of the triple milled soaps currently on the market. Simply put, this soap is excellent.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

maybe you guys should stop by his store :D

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
adhoc

Post by adhoc »

brothers wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:40 pm
adhoc wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:01 am

Chris
Already done it! It's called D.R. Harris! :D

That's true! :wink:
If only they would release Florimel Hairdressing again, that would make me very happy!
fallingwickets wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:33 am bullgoose must be following this thread.....a blurb from one of his current offerings: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

This triple milled hard soap with a scent inspired by Myrurgia 1916 lathers easily and does not require blooming. The resultant lather is rich, creamy, slick and moisturizing. Most importantly, the lather does not dissipate quickly like a lot of the triple milled soaps currently on the market. Simply put, this soap is excellent.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

maybe you guys should stop by his store :D

clive
But I like my triple milled soaps. :(
Olle