Stephan Alpine Menthol

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
bigsid

Stephan Alpine Menthol

Post by bigsid »

Hello All. I know Stephan's has discontinued this. But I'm wondering if anyone has discovered an aftershave from a different manufacturer that is similar? I checked Williamsport barber supply online and they have a Gabel's product called "Sta-Cool Menthol" and they also have a Master "Iceland Breeze" Any help greatly appreciated.
pausted

Re: Stephan Alpine Menthol

Post by pausted »

Just a thought. I'm not familial with Alpine Menthol but I wonder if it might be Stephan's version of Pinaud Osage Rub. It sounds like it might be. Perhaps?
Best regards,

Basil
bigsid

Post by bigsid »

Basil, Thankyou for the reply. I have Osage Rub. It's almost pure menthol which is great in the summer months. Alpine menthol had some fragrance mixed in with the menthol.
pausted

Post by pausted »

Let me make a suggestion. Several years ago I read about a guy who liked to concoct his own aftershave fragrances. Using his suggestions, I recently mixed Osage Rub with Men’s Choice Brisk ( a dollar store version of Mennen’s Skin Bracer). About 60% Brisk to 40% Osage Rub. It turned out to be a very enjoyable aftershave splash. It had the menthol of the Osage and the fragrance of the Brisk. Worked very well. You might be able to come up with a reasonable substitute for the Stephan’s with a little bit of experimentation.
Best regards,

Basil
bigsid

Post by bigsid »

Basil, Thankyou. That is remarkable. Of late I was thinking of getting some mennen skin bracer again. I always enjoyed it and also Aqua Velva.
SelmaAdam

Post by SelmaAdam »

Also used Osage Rub which is truly pure menthol.