Essence of Limes

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
brothers

Essence of Limes

Post by brothers »

What have been your impressions of the various fragrances: Penhaligon's, Trumper's, Floris, or otherwise? I found a small sample vial of Pen's this morning tucked away in a drawer and found it to be tempting.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Gene

Re: Essence of Limes

Post by Gene »

Sorry to make my ignorance painfully obvious but - what is this? AS Splash? Cologne?
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Limes make for a lovely scent, but like all citrus scents it is very brief. I settled on Taylor's No.74 Victorian Limes simply because it lasts (and does so by fooling you into thinking it's a lime scent, when it isn't really).
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Same experience with Chris on the fleeting nature of lime and more generally, citrus scents. Love the lime in Trumpers shave cream. But in colognes, I prefer orange or grapefruit, and lemons. Apple does not do well and currants are okay to me. Loving me some Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne and can not decide between the Chanel Allure Homme Sport eau de toilette or the Eau Extreme version
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Trumpet’s West Indian limes for me. Haven’t bought any supply for years though. After all I am still the resident Woolfat Evangelist even if I sung spend time here much any more.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

I like most lime aftershaves. My regulars are TOBS No.74 Victorian Lime and GFT West Indian Lime. Recently I came across Goodfella’s Royal Lime, which I particularly like because of the menthol it contains.
Bryan