Superior 70 mentholated

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
brothers

Superior 70 mentholated

Post by brothers »

As a result of my most recent decision to lay off aftershaves and colognes, I have returned to one of my old favorites: Superior 70 mentholated splash. Cheap and good, with no lingering fragrance discernible to me. Because I enjoy tinkering with stuff, I have bought some menthol crystals and have added a large quantity of that heavenly stuff to my big bottle of Superior 70. I also added a large dollop of 444 after shave balm.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
malocchio

Re: Superior 70 mentholated

Post by malocchio »

I love it as well. S-70 used to have a eucalyptus (an eucalyptus sounds funny ?) that I wish they still made.Limacol makes a mentholated version of their great citrus splash,and both Limacols are fantastic bargains.
Last edited by malocchio on Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

My old bottle of 70 is bay rum. Very high alcohol content (70?) so it does burn a lot for a bay rum.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
brothers

Post by brothers »

this one can't be beat
Superior 70
cheap and good for me

added some great stuff
444 and menthol
daily go to splash

they make bay rum too
that wasn't the one for me
try it for yourself
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Seamaster

Post by Seamaster »

I love this stuff. I wish a UK retailer would import it.
brothers

Post by brothers »

I said it before and I'll say it again.

this one can't be beat
Superior 70
cheap and good for me
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Today marks the beginning of my 4th straight bottle of Superior 70 Mentholated splash. I added 1/3 tube of 444 ASB and about a teaspoon of menthol crystals. The resulting product is my favorite - scent is good but not at all long lasting - the post shave skin care is right on the mark. There was an unexpected bonus too: one morning immediately after shaving and applying the Superior 70 I walked past my wife and she said "what is that you're wearing, it smells really good!" 8) Win-win!
I buy it from a Cuban-oriented website. One bottle lasts me about 6 months with daily use. This is my last remaining bottle so I will be placing an order for a quantity of replacements within a few weeks or months.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

This bottle will be all used up before the end of the year, most likely. I have placed an order for replenishments, but received a call from The Cuban Market in Miami. They tell me there will be a delay in receiving my order due to the fact that Superior 70 is made in Ponce, Puerto Rico. I told them I'm fine with any delay they may have. It's now in back order status, and obviously, Ponce as well as the rest of Puerto Rico has far more important things to take care of at the moment, considering all of the devastating damage there from the recent outbreak of major hurricanes. I wish them all well, and am looking forward to a lifetime of nothing but Superior 70 Mentholated aftershave splash, bottled in Ponce, Puerto Rico.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Shipped to me today! :D

Memo to The Cuban Market - Miami - thanks for the great service!
Gary

brothers

Update: source for Superior 70 Mentholated splash

Post by brothers »

Update: hurricane damage to Costa Rica's Superior 70 factory

The Cuban Market (Miami) sent me the last few bottles they had on hand and refunded the remainder of my purchase price due to the long-term loss of the factory. I have now located a new source in the state of New York. Today the package arrived and I've secured what is likely a lifetime supply of my favorite after shave splash.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

It's been a bit more than 2 years since I began using Superior 70 mentholated splash to which I have added copious amounts of menthol crystals and 444 ASB. This stuff is heavenly. I've consumed 4 1/2 bottles and the current one will run out in June. Each bottle lasts 6 months with daily use. I can feel the comforting 444 ASB and the cooling menthol.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Tomorrow July 5th will mark the first use of bottle #6 of Superior 70. It's ready to go with the addition of more menthol crystals and 1/3 of a tube of 444 ASB.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

This week marks the opening of my 7th bottle of Superior 70 mentholated aftershave splash. I always add two caps full of menthol crystals dissolved in a small amount of rubbing alcohol and 1/3 of a tube of 444 aftershave balm to a new bottle before I start using it. This is inexpensive and lasts me 6 months. I have a bountiful stash of Superior 70 on hand for the next several years.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

The emptying of Superior 70 Mentholated bottle #7 is rapidly approaching. This morning I prepared bottle #8 for my daily consumption over the following 6 months. I really get along well with the scent of Superior 70.
Gary

FireDragon76

Post by FireDragon76 »

I live in an Hispanic neighborhood and I can buy this at any market around here for about $3 a bottle.

It's a very simple bay rum, so it won't have alot of silage. It's mostly used for skin irritation or on the hair. It's wonderful stuff, a natural aftershave or hair tonic.
brothers

Re: Time for bottle #11 Superior 70 mentholated

Post by brothers »

Number 10 is almost empty as it's been 6 months since it was new. I'll be ready! 😊
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

This morning I cracked open a fresh new bottle of Superior 70 Mentholated. This is #11. Of course before I begin to use a new bottle I add my customary large portion of extra menthol crystals and 1/3 of a tube of 444 ASB. With daily use each 11.8 ounce bottle lasts a full 6 months.
Gary