Dominica Bay Rum

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
pausted

Dominica Bay Rum

Post by pausted »

I have begun using a new soap in my rotation, Los Angeles Shaving Soap Co. Santa Monica Bay Rum. To complement the scent I pulled out my bottle of Dominica Bay Rum with Lime. After being unavailable for some time, the Dominica products became available again a couple of years ago, so I bought two bottles. One is the regular Bay Rum and the other, the Bay Rum with Lime. These are excellent splashes with great scent (if you are a fan of bay rum) and really excellent face feel. Soothing with no burn.

After the recent hurricane destruction on Dominica, I suspect that it will be some time before the Dominica Bay Rum products can be produced again. According to the California Antilles website it is available now. If you are interested in trying them I would move fast. www.calantilles.com

BTW the LASS soap is great, too. Nice bay rum scent and excellent performance. A very good vegan soap.
Best regards,

Basil
pausted

Re: Dominica Bay Rum

Post by pausted »

Well, I need to correct the above post. I took a closer look at the website and Dominica is NOT available. They show another brand but I'm not familiar with it. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.
Best regards,

Basil
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

This was excellent bay rum...I have about half a bottle left...One to stay away from is Constanza , made with rubbing alcohol...
brothers

Post by brothers »

My favorite Bay Rum is the one made by Pinaud. I think it's called Virgin Island. It smells great to my nose, and it's got that great burn I enjoy so much.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

I have nearly full bottles of the Dominica Bay Rum and the Lime version. Massive points for smelling fresh, rather than of a bottled scent. Best bay rums I have ever met. Second best being a small batch product of bay rum and rosemary, which is nice if you like roast lamb.

C.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace