BB 1818 replacement

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
WestEgg

BB 1818 replacement

Post by WestEgg »

Hello Gents,

I am just about done with my remaining bottle of 1818, pre-reformulation, pre-“right sizing”. Needless to say, I will not be purchasing what they are now offering. This was my everyday work scent so I am now in search of a replacement as close to the original as possible at a similar price point ($50-60 or so for 6 oz by my recollection). My preference would be to wear Floris Santal every day, but that just doesn't fit in the budget.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated and hopefully a help to others in the same situation.

Thanks!

Edward
adhoc

Re: BB 1818 replacement

Post by adhoc »

Isn't TOBS Sandalwood quite similar to 1818? I haven't smelled 1818 yet but thats what Ive read - nevertheless TOBS make a really good cologne.
Olle
JoeDizzy

Post by JoeDizzy »

Paul Sebastian cologne is similar and bit sweeter
Joey
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Expand the budget and buy the Floris Santal is my only recommendation.

1818 is quite unique and I've never smelled anything like it. If it's gone then it's gone.

Sometimes there is no alternative.

Chris
brothers

Post by brothers »

A quick ebay check shows several listings for Floris Santal that come pretty close to your posted budget limitations.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
RazorRamone

Post by RazorRamone »

I am a fan of 1818 too.

I own most of the aforementioned suggestions. To my nose, none are close since 1818 is a sweeter bay rum inspired cologne.

It’s has been many years since owning my suggestions, but I recall Calvin Klein Obsession and Vera Wang for Men having a similar vibe to them although I do not recall bay rum being the focus.

Given the reformulation of fragrances, these colognes today may be closer to smelling like window washer fluid than a cologne. :D