Trumper's Astor Cologne

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
EL Alamein

Trumper's Astor Cologne

Post by EL Alamein »

Anyone else a fan of this? It smells like what Polo Green wants to be when it grows up.

I don't wear scent much anymore but I do enjoy this every now and then.

Chris
adhoc

Re: Trumper's Astor Cologne

Post by adhoc »

Haven't had the opportunity yet to test all the colognes from Trumper's "classic collection", only Marlborough and Wellington, which both I love. Astor I haven't tried. I have a bottle of Wellington and I'm gonna buy a bottle of Marlborough but there are too many vintage colognes that are on top of my "watch list" and my budget is quite strict.
Olle
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Olle, I have a bottle of Marlboro myself and it is splendid.

Chris
adhoc

Post by adhoc »

EL Alamein wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:33 pm Olle, I have a bottle of Marlboro myself and it is splendid.

Chris
I don't own a full bottle of this stuff yet; for the moment all I have is a small vial that came, alongside a shaving relating –order, as a sample.
The order arrived to Sweden pretty quickly and I've had the small vial for just a few weeks now but didn't took long time at all until the cologne really grew on me and gained my admiration, so much that when I get access to some additional funds, I will buy an actuall full bottle of the scent.

However, before that is going to happen, I will have to try and restrain myself from using too much of the small and already, almost empty vial. I will use the cologne very sparingly to avoid finishing my vial before I'm able to buy myself an actual full bottle of the stuff instead. Technically I can already afford a 100ml bottle but there are so many other colognes, aftershave, shaving soaps and creams out there to buy.

I think that it is a true testament of Marlborough's greatness – in just this short time that I have been wearing the cologne, it has become my second favourite one from Trumper! The first one is still, of course –Spanish Leather.
Olle
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Of the five classic Trumper scents I have, Wild Fern, Marlborough, Wellington and Curzon are acceptable. The Wild Fern being best of the lot (especially as I understand Penhaligon's have gone daft and discontinued English Fern - fortunately I invested in a couple of bottles as soon as I realised how good it was). Astor is a stab at a warm amber scent. Maybe it's a good one, but I don't care for the style that much.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
MrFox

Post by MrFox »

Astor is one of my all time favorites. It smells like a mature mans fragrance, something my Granddad would of worn. That said I also like Eucris which I find is of similar notes, though both are sophisticated to my nose. It's good to see others are a fan of it also. :)
brothers

Post by brothers »

I haven't had the pleasure of using Astor so I have to say Marlborough at this particular time.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444